Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Let us do the business link as well :)
Unfortunately sometimes companies say "sign this 3 year contract and we will drop the price by R500 per month"... So we still in contract but the plan is as soon as it's done we going to ditch Octotel and Rsaweb and go CISP and Vumatel. I spoke to my boss about it multiple times already but contract still has a while to go if I recall.

x7razor

Man what is up with the connection issues. Yesterday off for 2 hours+ today off again always around the same time and when you reboot cpe the blue light just flashes. Is there issues with vuma kraaifontein side?

image132

Expert Member
Other people in claremont also complaining... So it's not just you.

Where exactly do you find that out?

I've been ignoring these drops because honestly Octotel won't do anything about it no matter how much CISP pushes them. I don't think they know how. I only mentioned it because Thatguy_ZA mentioned it as well.

Appreciate the response though bud.

MDE

Expert Member

I've been ignoring these drops because honestly Octotel won't do anything about it no matter how much CISP pushes them. I don't think they know how. I only mentioned it because Thatguy_ZA mentioned it as well.

Local telegram, Whats App and Facebook groups.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Man what is up with the connection issues. Yesterday off for 2 hours+ today off again always around the same time and when you reboot cpe the blue light just flashes. Is there issues with vuma kraaifontein side?
Blue light flashing is typically a fibre issue, if your line is dropping like that often then log it.

SpaceCowboy-D

Local telegram, Whats App and Facebook groups.

So around 18:30 yesterday Octotel sent us an announcement stating :

We are aware of a broadcast which occurred on our network today which affected certain ISP's. Our engineering team is investigating why this bypassed our mitigation mechanisms.
Those customers who are still offline needs to reboot their routers and retest the connection.
We apologize for the disruption which this caused

Can you guys check if your connections are up and stable from your end?

MDE

Expert Member

We are aware of a broadcast which occurred on our network today which affected certain ISP's. Our engineering team is investigating why this bypassed our mitigation mechanisms.
Those customers who are still offline needs to reboot their routers and retest the connection.

Thanks for the heads up.

image132

Expert Member

My connection came up 10min later and its been fine since.

x7razor

Blue light flashing is typically a fibre issue, if your line is dropping like that often then log it.

Hi i was shocked (in a good way lol) at the speed the ticket was answered usually it takes a while (i remember you guys said a while back you are working on support) but damn that was freaking fast getting Vuma out to check and fix it. Vuma phoned last night to tell me they will be sending someone out and to confirm a time. Must say this was a great experience in logging the fault and getting it sorted out thanks to everyone that was involved.

Now i can catch up on work :)

According to the guy there was something wrong in the box outside the house they cut the cable and made a new connection

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi i was shocked at the speed the ticket was answered usually it takes a while (i remember you guys said a while back you are working on support) but damn that was freaking fast getting Vuma out to check and fix it. Vuma phoned last night to tell me they will be sending someone out and to confirm a time. Must say this was a great experience in logging the fault and getting it sorted out thanks to everyone that was involved.

Now i can catch up on work :)

According to the guy there was something wrong in the box outside the house they cut the cable and made a new connection
Yeah we have put a lot of effort and resources into support the last couple months. Glad to hear it's sorted.

ajcpt

Hi i was shocked (in a good way lol) at the speed the ticket was answered usually it takes a while (i remember you guys said a while back you are working on support) but damn that was freaking fast getting Vuma out to check and fix it. Vuma phoned last night to tell me they will be sending someone out and to confirm a time. Must say this was a great experience in logging the fault and getting it sorted out thanks to everyone that was involved.

Ja, CISP and Vuma have been amazingly responsive IMHO. (Or maybe I just have very low expectations, coming from Telkom DSL where it's, "we might get back to you in 10 days." :)) Three days after I had my fibre installed it went offline (red light on the ONT and all) so I opened a ticket with CISP. No kidding, the Vuma people were on site less than two hours after I opened the ticket, and had it fixed the same day. (It was a faulty splitter.)

Status
Not open for further replies.