Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsianSpaceman

All lights on my ONT were green, just the internet connection light on router was orange. Back online already. Oh, and im on century city connect. Why does CCC keep dropping when FF drops? CI reps told me CCC has their own network completely, but really seems like they just piggy backing on FF

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
All lights on my ONT were green, just the internet connection light on router was orange. Back online already. Oh, and im on century city connect. Why does CCC keep dropping when FF drops? CI reps told me CCC has their own network completely, but really seems like they just piggy backing on FF
Nah they use the he FF network.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
@PBCool ec2-15-184-33-168.me-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com.png

vs

ec2-15-184-33-168.me-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com 2.png

Is it possible we can have Amazon pickup this traffic locally? Blizzard seem to have added Amazon servers to what looks like Saudi Arabia, people in JHB are getting around 130ms

CrypticZA

Expert Member
@PBCool View attachment 933333

vs

View attachment 933335

Is it possible we can have Amazon pickup this traffic locally? Blizzard seem to have added Amazon servers to what looks like Saudi Arabia, people in JHB are getting around 130ms
i am actually unsure here... Amazon seem to have made a change to their network everyone is getting around 130ms to Bahrain in multiple games... never use to be like this so going to assume its probably only a temp thing :unsure:

Last edited:

remoten

i am actually unsure here... Amazon seem to have made a change to their network everyone is getting around 130ms to Bahrain in multiple games... never use to be like this so going to assume its probably only a temp thing :unsure:

Rather have higher latency then close to zero players.

cavedog

Honorary Master

It's Amazon direct connect. Amazon Bahrain servers now take the east coast route up and it's pretty low latency. Apex Legends have 2 servers in Bahrain to.

amazon_direct_connect.png

Last edited:

linkinpark

Expert Member
@PBCool If you need IP ranges to fix the routing, here are the EC2 AWS ranges for the Bahrain Amazon servers:
3.5.220.0/22
99.77.147.0/24
52.94.249.160/28
52.95.228.0/24
15.184.0.0/16
15.185.0.0/16
157.175.0.0/16
15.177.87.0/24

DeatheCore

B-but why? Is there a large playerbase in the middle east? I'm still keen for the express routes to UK to take effect :p @PBCool

Last edited:

CrypticZA

Expert Member
B-but why? Is there a large playerbase in the middle east? I'm still keen for the express routes to UK to take effect :p
For Apex no those servers are like dead, for Overwatch they are more popular people in JHB are getting 130ms Vs the 180 they normally get and CT getting like 150 vs 160. But i wouldn't be surprised if Amazon just had like an outage on a route and made some temporary routing changes. They often use to switch the AWS Frankfurt from East Coast to WACS and then later change it back

linkinpark

Expert Member
For Apex no those servers are like dead, for Overwatch they are more popular people in JHB are getting 130ms Vs the 180 they normally get and CT getting like 150 vs 160. But i wouldn't be surprised if Amazon just had like an outage on a route and made some temporary routing changes. They often use to switch the AWS Frankfurt from East Coast to WACS and then later change it back

That's what I thought as well, the Bahrain Apex Servers used to be dead for a long time. But I just had a look now and they seem pretty populated

Status
Not open for further replies.