Honorary Master
Pinelands Cape Town
Frogfoot trenched
100/100

Disconnected about 5m ago

Dead as a dodo

Markd

Expert Member
I have had 3 drops today so far, which is more than usual. Blouberg, Octotel. Is this ever going to end?

EdQubit

Also down in Century City with Century City Connect as FNO but with a different ISP. Probably an FNO issue then. Speaking under correction, but I think Century City Connect uses / is on / has some connection with Frogfoot's network. So when Frogfoot is down around here CCC is usually also down.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Random question if anyone can assist, In a business fibre contract is there normally a clause which states anything about minimum speed requirement to be provided? Might be starting to looking to terminate a contract with an ISP based on poor performance
Never seen one, Usually only SLA related to response and clawback on availability. I would only accept a line as a customer if there was an acceptable commissioning test and would ink that in on the contract. That provides a suitable exit when performance drops.
If you don't have that then the only why to proceed is start logging calls each day till they fire you as a customer. ;)

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Never seen one, Usually only SLA related to response and clawback on availability. I would only accept a line as a customer if there was an acceptable commissioning test and would ink that in on the contract. That provides a suitable exit when performance drops.
If you don't have that then the only why to proceed is start logging calls each day till they fire you as a customer. ;)
Ah i see thanks, going to go try find the contract the business signed and read it since the "business support" we dealing with think a local speed of 22/25 on a 50/50 business account is all good and everything is running perfect... The ISP is really being beyond useless and our IT consultant is having more than one headache dealing with them. Think i might ask him for our account details so i can just log a ticket every hour until they fix this **** or tell us to piss off.

WhiteyOP

Surprise, frogfoot down again in Sunningdale CPT. Working from home becoming a challenge sport.

linkinpark

Expert Member
@PBCool
Fibre (Vumatel trenched) connection dead in Durban, ONT device power light just flashing, tried a restart.
Logged a support ticket: #COOL-20201028-536349

SpaceCowboy-D

@PBCool
Fibre (Vumatel trenched) connection dead in Durban, ONT device power light just flashing, tried a restart.
Logged a support ticket: #COOL-20201028-536349

Sorry about that and thanks for logging this to us.
A support agent will be calling you in the the 5 to 10 minutes to look at your line.

FrankyF

Expert Member
Connection down in Gordon's Bay, Frogfoot.

Dropped around 14:50.

All lights on the ONT are green.

Haven't logged a ticket with Support yet.

SpaceCowboy-D

Connection down in Gordon's Bay, Frogfoot.

Dropped around 14:50.

All lights on the ONT are green.

Haven't logged a ticket with Support yet.

Yes seems like an outage, they had an outage in Gordons Bay North this morning that lasted briefly but it looks like its back again.

We are following up with FF currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.