Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool

I have not kept up with this thread but over this weekend it seems something redonkulous happened. Everything seems to so much more responsive than up to just few days ago.

Did CISP change something that improved things like this ?

I didn't have poor performance before but everything wasn't this snappy and since I think early Saturday it feels like night and day difference in overall responsiveness.
Not really, only relative change we did was in London where a port was nearing 90% utilisation at peak, but as far as responsiveness this wouldn't have made a massive impact.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool
What's the turnaround time for a speed upgrade?
I sent an email through for same on 28/11/2020 and still hasn't been activated.
I received an email from CI this morning saying Vodacom are still "working on it"

Update
So I decided to call Vodacom myself and speed things up - I got them to send the upgrade config to my modem. The gentleman I spoke to asked me to switch off my modem/router for 5 mins then switch on and do a speed test. If my speed is unchanged then I need to ask my ISP to provision it on their side.
I've emailed a request to CI to do this for me.
Awaiting confirmation from them now.
It all depends on the FNO as you have experienced, if we upgrade our side and billing changes but the FNO hasnt done anything the speed of the line will stay the same.

So typically we require the FNO to confirm the line has been re-provisioned before we change our side, typically Vodacom are one of the slowest at this.

Armizael

Frogfoot Sunningdale down again.
Was down yesterday as well - these guys are the biggest clowns I've ever seen.

They're giving Octotel a run for their money for being the absolute worst FNO.

WhiteyOP

Frogfoot Sunningdale down again.
Was down yesterday as well - these guys are the biggest clowns I've ever seen.

They're giving Octotel a run for their money for being the absolute worst FNO.
Yip, also in sunningdale and issues after issues.

LLoydizle

@PBCool - Are there any line faults in the Bedfordview area? Fibre lines went down in our area for a few customers with CISP and SADV/VUMA. I would log a ticket for this but your portal seems to be under maintenance.

SpaceCowboy-D

@PBCool - Are there any line faults in the Bedfordview area? Fibre lines went down in our area for a few customers with CISP and SADV/VUMA. I would log a ticket for this but your portal seems to be under maintenance.
We have not gotten any alerts from Vuma as of yet, we will touch base with them to confirm if there's anything they have picked up in Bedfordview for last night.

requiem

Expert Member
Out in Hurlingham since 2am.

Line connects but no data throughput.

Vumatel.

Nothing on your website.

I there a known issue @PBCool?

requiem

Expert Member
Vumatel have not sent us any alerts for Hurlingham.

Is the POWER light flashing, or the FX light off on the CPE?

If so, it would be best to log a ticket to support@coolideas.co.za so we can investigate your line.

seems its my equipment.

Apologies.

Somehow my Ubiquity Edgerouter is not working.

Bloody thing has been old reliable forever. If I bypass it I get full connectivity, even a full factory reset and the bloody thing still doesn't work.

SpaceCowboy-D

seems its my equipment.

Apologies.

Somehow my Ubiquity Edgerouter is not working.

Bloody thing has been old reliable forever. If I bypass it I get full connectivity, even a full factory reset and the bloody thing still doesn't work.

I see, have you updated the firmware to its latest iteration?

If its still persisting maybe use the TP Link we provided if you have signed up for one in the interim.

requiem

Expert Member
I see, have you updated the firmware to its latest iteration?

If its still persisting maybe use the TP Link we provided if you have signed up for one in the interim.

Never got a tplink from you guys.

Is that an option? What will that cost me?

requiem

Expert Member
Our TP Links are free to use on sign up and if you did not receive one we can arrange this after our admin team review your initial sign up application.

Best log this to connect@coolideas.co.za requesting this and they will be able to assist you.

I have upgraded the firmware, factory reset again.

Strangely it connects, but doesn't get any traffic through.

I ended up disabling IPv6 - which did nothing.

When I changed it from "ISP Assigned DNS" to manual DNS (using cloudflares 1.1.1.1) suddenly it works.

No idea why this suddenly broke. (could be a Ubiquity config thing I suppose).

Anyway - thank you for the responses.

LLoydizle

We have not gotten any alerts from Vuma as of yet, we will touch base with them to confirm if there's anything they have picked up in Bedfordview for last night.
Yeah it looks like we’re still down in Bedfordview (Wedgewood Green complex specifically). Has there been any updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.