Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCowboy-D

Please advise. CPE is in a flat in complex and is smaller than the kind in residential homes. It only has fibre optic adapter fitted allowing only for certain kind of fibre cable to be inserted. There are no LAN ports for ethernet like on residential CPE.
The TP-Link I now took delivery of (Archer C20 AC750) cannot be connected to this kind of CPE to my knowledge.
Do you mind sending a pic through?
Which fibre provider is live in your suburb?

Seems like you describing the Pre term that's fitted making the unit "Fibre Ready" but not installed.

Geselskap

Seems like you describing the Pre term that's fitted making the unit "Fibre Ready" but not installed.
FNO is Vodacom. They provided Nokia G-240W-C router, which comes with yellow fibre cable attached and plug that fits into this adapter in CPE. The unit was live and I was temporarily using their Nokia setup with the CPE until they allowed for CISP to now be my ISP.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Router died at Parklands, had to switch some paths and replace, apologies for the interruption.

SpaceCowboy-D

FNO is Vodacom. They provided Nokia G-240W-C router, which comes with yellow fibre cable attached and plug that fits into this adapter in CPE. The unit was live and I was temporarily using their Nokia setup with the CPE until they allowed for CISP to now be my ISP.
That's strange they usually have at least one LAN port on it.

Can you log this to support@coolideas.co.za, we will need to look at this deeper.

Geselskap

This is the Nokia router if it helps.

Attachments

• 3804051-41.png
    3804051-41.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 26

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
This is the Nokia router if it helps.
That looks like it has 4 Ethernet "LAN" ports.

You should simply connect the TP-Link router's WAN port to one of the LAN ports on the Nokia unit.

The Nokia simply acts as a bridge between the fibre network and our router in their wholesale model.

Status
Not open for further replies.