Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
It was on rust. No worries, gone back to normal now. Noticed cloudfare warp routing is messed at the though, EU is 180ms and bahrain pings are 280ms.
Cloudflare are going through some issues atm yesterday both CT and JHB were rerouted and today i saw CT was re routed again so we going via JHB atm

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Got a question, busy onboarding a client to CISP

Just want to find out i know with most of my clients that lives in an estate that only has vodacom fibre its usually a mess

This client lives in Dainfern Valley and i would like to know does cool ideas support that network fully or is it one of those stupid exclusive vodacom only areas as in carlswald esate etc

Application has already been made ticket No: #COOL-20210126-595762

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

Just want to find out i know with most of my clients that lives in an estate that only has vodacom fibre its usually a mess

This client lives in Dainfern Valley and i would like to know does cool ideas support that network fully or is it one of those stupid exclusive vodacom only areas as in carlswald esate etc

Is it on our coverage map? If not drop a mail to connect@coolideas.co.za

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I see no changes to be honest still seeing the same IND spikes and that in game

EDIT: it seems worse tbh
I don't see any reasons why, that being said graphs from JHB to London seem fractionally better vs CPT for some reason.

I will continue testing, it's possible Wiocc did the changes but they are not effective. I will try run some simulations.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

Complaints for Evotel on the other ISP threads as well.

Chris888

Hi,

Seeing mad jitter (100-260ms) on my line, making playing on Xbox live impossible.

Speed is "okay", 550Mbps on 1GB line. Normally see 930Mbps.

Never seen jitter like this before though.

Any idea whats going on?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi,

Seeing mad jitter (100-260ms) on my line, making playing on Xbox live impossible.

Speed is "okay", 550Mbps on 1GB line. Normally see 930Mbps.

Never seen jitter like this before though.

Any idea whats going on?
Area and FNO?

rolandos

Morningside, Vumatel
Hi
Also Vumatel Morningside Sandton

started around 19h00

Same Problem Terrible jitter and packet loss streaming from Hetzner impossible as well as backup server in US
Something up tonight

Roland

Attachments

• image_2021-01-26_213528.png
    image_2021-01-26_213528.png
    188 KB · Views: 16
  • image_2021-01-26_213804.png
    image_2021-01-26_213804.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 15

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
It is on the map but with a few clients I have it on the map on your site but then when we apply we get told sorry can’t help
The maps in use are the maps the FNOs supply us, so no easy way around it unfortunately. Specifically with the MNO networks :(

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi

started around 19h00

Same Problem Terrible jitter and packet loss streaming from Hetzner impossible as well as backup server in US
Something up tonight

Roland
Seems like metro issues with AEx, which is why Evotel is also having issues. We dont have any notices yet but are awaiting feedback.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I don't see any reasons why, that being said graphs from JHB to London seem fractionally better vs CPT for some reason.

I will continue testing, it's possible Wiocc did the changes but they are not effective. I will try run some simulations.
Looks like the changes they made haven't had any changes to the service from the tests I've done, so have followed up with them to confirm. Apologies this is frustrating for us as well :(

Chris888

Hi

started around 19h00

Something up tonight

Roland

Yup, same time it started going weird for me as well.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 22.00.29.png Screenshot 2021-01-26 at 22.01.07.png

Chris888

Hi

started around 19h00

Something up tonight

Roland

A bit off topic, but what connection monitor is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.