Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timken

Latency improved to 5ms from 9ms I was getting before, speed has now increased to 5.25

Conack

Expert Member
George Frogfoot - international cut off for a few minutes, then resumed again.
Seems back to normal - thanks.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I would say the same as yesterday, one thing i notice is during the evenings ping generally increases by around 5-10ms

When i let an MTR run, i hit London 141/142 for a bit then it goes up to around 150 for a few seconds then back to 141's and it seems to go in a cycle like that
PM me your IP again and please enable ICMP?

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Can you post this MTR, our graphs are a flat 140ms
Decided to use Warp tonight since needed to play on Middle East so never got to run any MTR's during peak it's running fine at the moment, other than random packet loss spikes from Vumatel... Hitting London on constant 141's but i don't see this during peak

185.60.114.159.png

jannier

Expert Member
Decided to use Warp tonight since needed to play on Middle East so never got to run any MTR's during peak it's running fine at the moment, other than random packet loss spikes from Vumatel... Hitting London on constant 141's but i don't see this during peak

View attachment 1001806

Seems to be mostly okay here, just that server at Hop 9 is taking a beating in my pingplotter result.

1611777870121.png

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Seems to be mostly okay here, just that server at Hop 9 is taking a beating in my pingplotter result.

View attachment 1001816
Yea Blizzards network often shows bad stats, hop 9 sometimes goes to 1000+ms.. too much traffic on their network since Covid appeared. It was one or two random spikes of packet loss oh well., neighbour a couple roads away felt it too

x7razor

probably the worst night ever constant disconnects on MW haven't bothered with a mtr just gonna watch series lol

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

View attachment 1001806
This trace looks like loss on your line, ideally need to clear that up as well.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
This trace looks like loss on your line, ideally need to clear that up as well.
Posted that to show latency to London being consistent (at that time) just as i was about to stop i got that spike it's generally fine, see attached ran right now

uktest.cisp.co.za.png

EDIT: Still perfect
uktest.cisp.co.za.png

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Posted that to show latency to London being consistent (at that time) just as i was about to stop i got that spike it's generally fine, see attached ran right now

View attachment 1001838

EDIT: Still perfect
View attachment 1001840
Ok cool, so that spike is then over the LINX fabric, I will try probe that over time a bit.

We are adding a 2nd port to LINX on the same fabric in the next week hopefully.

under_sky

Expert Member
@PBCool

Hi could you please have a look at this as my client is now in Dainfern Valley which i know for a fact is a Vodacom FNO for the whole estate. Other friends that live within it

Anyway your team has told her that she is meant to have some other router this might have been the case now but back in the day they were one of the first places to get fiber and i know the ONT's can change from time to time.

Anyway her ticket number is #COOL-20210126-595762

Attached to that is all the photos but i went and inspected it, the previous owners still left this behind for her and told her to use vodacom etc.

Anyway the fiber plugs directly into this ONT and there is nothing after it, please can you maybe help with this

1611779509035.png

Image from the front of the device

1611779548013.png
the back
1611779572391.png

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool

Hi could you please have a look at this as my client is now in Dainfern Valley which i know for a fact is a Vodacom FNO for the whole estate. Other friends that live within it

Anyway your team has told her that she is meant to have some other router this might have been the case now but back in the day they were one of the first places to get fiber and i know the ONT's can change from time to time.

Attached to that is all the photos but i went and inspected it, the previous owners still left this behind for her and told her to use vodacom etc.

Anyway the fiber plugs directly into this ONT and there is nothing after it, please can you maybe help with this

View attachment 1001842

View attachment 1001844
the back
View attachment 1001846
Sure will do in the morning.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
@PBCool

View attachment 1001842

View attachment 1001844
the back
View attachment 1001846
c.jpg
I found your problem. That Nokia thingamajig has coronavirus.

under_sky

Expert Member
I believe they have placed an order manually as of this morning.

Thank you I had a look and hopefully all is plain sailing now, how long does Vodacom take to provision the unit ?
Could she be up and running by tomorrow ?

Status
Not open for further replies.