Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

zolly

Expert Member
Is it just me that's getting fat timeouts? Octotel, southern suburbs Cape Town.

Edit. Cancel that, a reset seemed to sort things out.

Last edited:

Hunted

So, it appears the Internet Solutions have major problems tonight.

So we are now on our backup-backup path.

Unfortunately, this will not amount to a fantastic experience, but it's definately better than it was earlier tonight. We will await IS engineers' resolution and switch back to that capacity when it improves.
Well with the issues the ping to PUBG were 177ms at times and at highest 204ms..

dotdan

I also had some latency drops to around 170ms at times. It was like dangling a kit-kat in front of me, I just couldn't grab it..

dotdan

I don't get why the UK side of the break is taking longer to get fixed than the Congo section?

dotdan

Uuuughhh.

I guess I shouldn't complain. These are first world problems.

SplaT

Is this cable problem still affecting people?

I've been trying to download a game from the Xbox PC app for several days now, I just keep getting "Check your internet connection". I think it might be timing out or something. It could be unrelated, though.

Edit: Oh, I just saw the ETR. Hmm, everything else is absolutely flawless, so I didn't understand.

thehuman

Expert Member
@PBCool thanks for the presure on frogfoot, installation date Wednesday morning, updated ticket and send you a PM .
Hopefully they won't cancel on me as they did with someone else i know.

Reaper84

Expert Member
@PBCool thanks for the presure on frogfoot, installation date Wednesday morning, updated ticket and send you a PM .
Hopefully they won't cancel on me as they did with someone else i know.

Hopefully you don’t have the same issue I have more than a week after installation with no news on when it will be resolved and both FNO and ISP blaming each other :(