Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Don't know yet , sure someone will come foward soon .
Well should only be Fortnite that doesn't route via SACS now... I get better ping to EU than Brazil in Apex and Fortnite so not sure why people want to play on Brazil servers xD

thehuman

Expert Member
Well should only be Fortnite that doesn't route via SACS now... I get better ping to EU than Brazil in Apex and Fortnite so not sure why people want to play on Brazil servers xD
No worries was mostly being sarcastic, based comment on previous observations.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yeah we have removed the AWS peer in Brazil as this is the new part that has come up recently. I will need to see if there is anyway to segment the games by IP and announcement, but it is unlikely.

image132

Expert Member
Yeah we have removed the AWS peer in Brazil as this is the new part that has come up recently. I will need to see if there is anyway to segment the games by IP and announcement, but it is unlikely.

EFT is still being routed via SACS so no complaints here but they don't use AWS so.

Grynne

Thursday and tonight in what appears to be a larger outage. Any idea what’s going on? Westville KZN.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
185.60.114.159.png

Seeing pings about 15ms higher in Overwatch, and the last few hops are normally middle to high 140's someone doing maintenance somewhere? Ping to Coreix is 142 so looks to be somewhere in EU i am picking up extra latency

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
View attachment 789559

Seeing pings about 15ms higher in Overwatch, and the last few hops are normally middle to high 140's someone doing maintenance somewhere? Ping to Coreix is 142 so looks to be somewhere in EU i am picking up extra latency
Yeah the 195 IP is the other end of the LINX peer (their end of the session), so something on their metro more than likely.

dotdan

Expert Member
Look I understand I can't get AWS to Brazil, but if it is possible to at least get the same type of latency to EU that we had before the cable break, that would be great.

Before the break I was getting 150-160ms consistently to EU. Now it is sitting on 180ms.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Look I understand I can't get AWS to Brazil, but if it is possible to at least get the same type of latency to EU that we had before the cable break, that would be great.

Before the break I was getting 150-160ms consistently to EU. Now it is sitting on 180ms.
Are you playing Fortnite?

CrypticZA

Expert Member
When i played with with a friend like a week ago i got like 145ms in game so you should get like 165ms give or take a few ms. From past experience (years ago) the reader in game is not very accurate it use to say i had 80ms one EU then spike to 140... and it often went down to 130 odd

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

Do you have an example IP or trace for me?

dotdan

Expert Member
Do you have an example IP or trace for me?

Going to be difficult with AWS as they have a range of IP's that chop and change during the game. It seems that CPT users have good latency. Could it not be the JHB - CPT route because 180 is not normal. For the last year I used to get 150-160ms. Brazil was all good on 150 which shows me it isn;t the games in game latency display

Status
Not open for further replies.