Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 3

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Going to be difficult with AWS as they have a range of IP's that chop and change during the game. It seems that CPT users have good latency. Could it not be the JHB - CPT route because 180 is not normal. For the last year I used to get 150-160ms. Brazil was all good on 150 which shows me it isn;t the games in game latency display
Can you PM me your IP? We carry our own traffic for AWS vs using the direct connect but this is the same route as JHB and CPT. And latency from JHB to our London pop is a flat 160ms.

Loppas

Is there anyone here on octotel in northern subs cape town that can confirm if their international speed is fine? Friend of mine on mweb has been getting abysmal performance which we assume is an octotel thing.

GlassMirror

Expert Member
Is there anyone here on octotel in northern subs cape town that can confirm if their international speed is fine? Friend of mine on mweb has been getting abysmal performance which we assume is an octotel thing.
Any specific IP you want to trace or ping to?

wingnut771

Executive Member
i'm guessing because cool ideas has that accelerator and mweb don't.

MDE

Expert Member
Hi @PBCool and @TheRoDent are there any issues with connections to Telkom? Cant get to openserve.co.za or other sites hosted with Openserve.

1582547707422.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mkg