Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Well, yes and no, internet is a 24/7 business, yes it started after 3pm, (around 3:45), but that's not really relevant, as I said, internet is 24/7, we all pay for a 24/7 product. It is not an extraordinary, unrealistic assumption to make that someone would be manning support queries after hours.
Not everybody knows about forums where they could get some kind of feedback.

Anyway, this is a pointless discussion to have, I very much doubt CI cares much, (they will tell me it was VC's fault not theirs and I must just suck it up).
We provide support for consumer tickets around what the fibre providers provide, there is no point in manning support tickets that we cant do anything about.

The noc manages the network 24/7 and so when we log this with VC outside of our support hours VC should still be responding which they didn't, this was a network related issue hence why there was feedback here.

Of course we care about our customer services, that being said they are best effort even though they are 24/7 services.

luckystrike

Hello,

Anybody know of a service/vpn that connect to Singapore over SAFE.
I am using exitlag atm. And its amazing playing with 120 ping on Singapore. But sometimes that route will disappear and you will be back on 160-170 ms. Just want to find out for interest's sake if sombody knows something.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Hello,

Anybody know of a service/vpn that connect to Singapore over SAFE.
I am using exitlag atm. And its amazing playing with 120 ping on Singapore. But sometimes that route will disappear and you will be back on 160-170 ms. Just want to find out for interest's sake if sombody knows something.
160 to 170 is more than likely not Singapore if you referring to Apex when playing in that region you assign the Asian region so could be Singapore, Tokyo or Honk Kong. For example Warp gives a 220ms to Singapore server but only 1 of the servers but I don't get on that server often so end up with 350+

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Going to assume Amazon are being useless and not providing any feedback? Been more than 2 weeks now of really bad latency to Frankfurt

luckystrike

160 to 170 is more than likely not Singapore if you referring to Apex when playing in that region you assign the Asian region so could be Singapore, Tokyo or Honk Kong. For example Warp gives a 220ms to Singapore server but only 1 of the servers but I don't get on that server often so end up with 350+
How exitlag works the best for me is if i select the endpoint. In this case SG Singapore01 and apply the route between JHB and Singapore01. Like the screenshot below.

exitlag1.png
It will result in a ping of +-122-127ms for Singapore servers and a in-game ping of about 130-135ms. See screenshot below.

And all the games (arena and ranked games) will have pings between 130-150 depending on the server and if its the start of the game or not(Apex servers ping reduce to the end of the game).

exitlag2.png

With exitlag i am able to get that "perfect route " most of the time. But now and then i will only get a route to Singapore01 with +-155 ms. Its still great since all the games will be like playing on a London server. In this case 99% of my games would still be in Singapore. Unlike the EU region if you select London you will be on any EU server.

DYreX146

How exitlag works the best for me is if i select the endpoint. In this case SG Singapore01 and apply the route between JHB and Singapore01. Like the screenshot below.

View attachment 1075857
It will result in a ping of +-122-127ms for Singapore servers and a in-game ping of about 130-135ms. See screenshot below.

And all the games (arena and ranked games) will have pings between 130-150 depending on the server and if its the start of the game or not(Apex servers ping reduce to the end of the game).

View attachment 1075859

With exitlag i am able to get that "perfect route " most of the time. But now and then i will only get a route to Singapore01 with +-155 ms. Its still great since all the games will be like playing on a London server. In this case 99% of my games would still be in Singapore. Unlike the EU region if you select London you will be on any EU server.
By the way, do you know if ExitLag can route through Durban servers? If so I might be inclined to try it out.

luckystrike

By the way, do you know if ExitLag can route through Durban servers? If so I might be inclined to try it out.
As far as i know they only have JHB server. But i am not 100% sure.

They have 3 day free trail. Don't have to enter any payment option to try it.

CrypticZA

Expert Member

View attachment 1075857

View attachment 1075859

Apex servers use to work like you choose server X and play on server X now they region based so the fact you choosing Singapore puts you on Asian region meaning any of those servers you can be assigned to. Apex matchmaker now tries to get people games as fast as possible instead of on a certain region, meaning when your ping is higher you are more than likely on Taiwan. I have done extensive research on how they matchmaker works. I always choose London or Amsterdam but 9/10 times it puts me on Frankfurt or Belgium when looking at the server IP's

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Apex servers use to work like you choose server X and play on server X now they region based so the fact you choosing Singapore puts you on Asian region meaning any of those servers you can be assigned to. Apex matchmaker now tries to get people games as fast as possible instead of on a certain region, meaning when your ping is higher you are more than likely on Taiwan. I have done extensive research on how they matchmaker works. I always choose London or Amsterdam but 9/10 times it puts me on Frankfurt or Belgium when looking at the server IP's
Perfect example of this is high predators there is only 1 EU lobby and maybe 1 or 2 in another region a ddoser hits the server and everyone goes down, only way for them to stop this is to jump to another region.

Last night i was watching Lulu they were all on NA and someone was attacking the NA server, they swapped to EU and it was fine.

Also watch Shiv's ping in game he only selects London, and London to London should be under 20ms but most times his ping is 40-60ms.

Apex use to be select a server and play on it but not since they introduced cross platform.

Warp+ sometimes gives a 220ms route to the one Singapore server, whenever i select it my ping is 350+ since it defaults me one of the other Asian servers.

luckystrike

I know that :) Thats why i say Singapore at 160 ms (when i get the 2nd best route to singapore) is still better than london for me at 160ms. More than 90 % of my games in singapore stays in Singapore.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Its The worst if you get Frankfurt :(
Yep, in the evenings i start my games at 215ms on Frankfurt... and if i use the VPN it favours me for Belgium servers but Google sends me via Finland to Belgium so get 190ms for some odd reason.. My k/d is the lowest it has ever been in 4 seasons since i keep dying when sliding behind cover... Just been playing arenas instead of battle royal

luckystrike

Just played 4 ranked games in a row. And they all had 130-140 ping (Stayed in Singapore as far as i know)
ip's:

Armizael

Going to assume Amazon are being useless and not providing any feedback? Been more than 2 weeks now of really bad latency to Frankfurt
Was just about to ask the same thing - after the 1 or 2 days of it being better, it went back to being bad :/

BlairRafeKnox

Any reports on Durban vodacom coolides fiber. Still getting authentication error for username and password on tp-link.

FFMG

Any reports on Durban vodacom coolides fiber. Still getting authentication error for username and password on tp-link.
Mine got sorted out sometimes in the early morning ... I got a call around lunch time to tell me it was fixed.

S.Claus

Expert Member
@PBCool How long can I keep my Openserve modem off before they reassign the B number or will it remain acitve because I have a Cool Ideas account ?