Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

Armizael

On the flip side of my moaning and groaning in my previous posts, I'd like to commend you guys today.

My parents are moving into a new house and I helped them on Sunday to fill in the application form to get the Vumatel fibre up and running with you guys.

My parents aren't too clued up with tech, had no idea about most of the information asked (object numbers etc) about the existing install and even had an ONT with a missing power plug.

They're already up and running this morning (checked via laptop connected to the ONT) and are just awaiting their router - I'm super impressed with the quick turnaround to get them up and running.

They're used to dealing with Telkom and WebAfrica and honestly expected the process to take at least a month, so this blew their minds.

Keep up the great work guys!

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Frogfoot have informed us that they will be sending an incident report. We are currently waiting for that to be sent.
So did the incident report mention the crows? :ROFL: :p

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Just saw the article about Telkom doubling (and more in some cases) of their fibre offerings. Now we need other fibre providers to follow the example, looking at you Vumatel.
Funny how times are changing, everyone hated Telkom now everyone wants to be on their network, if Vumatel don't go the same way or react well i will swap since i have access to both.

Greglsh

Funny how times are changing, everyone hated Telkom now everyone wants to be on their network, if Vumatel don't go the same way or react well i will swap since i have access to both.
I agree, what I have found is that once Telkom's fibre is working it is very reliable, but you don't really want to "deal" with them when there is a problem. I must admit they have been a lot better than they used to be.

luckystrike

I swapped from frogfoot to openserve and i am so happy!! And that is before todays news of double up the speed!!

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
I'm on Openserve and don't want to move to DHCP. meh.

MDE

Expert Member
Depending on overall prices including data (as mentioned in the article that ISPs will probably keep or increase prices due to IPC not changing) may look at Openserve again.

But do enjoy the symmetrical lines speeds from Octotel.

-Misfit-

Is the double up promotion from Frogfoot over? Last post from their site indicates that it is until further notice (posted 15 October 2020, so quite a while back).

Just want to confirm if my speed is good to go or half of what is should be.

Jovs

Is the double up promotion from Frogfoot over? Last post from their site indicates that it is until further notice (posted 15 October 2020, so quite a while back).

Just want to confirm if my speed is good to go or half of what is should be.
Mine is still running at double the speed

DeatheCore

I wish I could also swap if need be... OpenServe (somehow) just run such a solid network.. packetloss doesn't seem to exist in their realm *stares at every other FNO* They were meant to be the first FNO in my area years ago but the project went quiet and suddenly Vumatel appeared out of the blue lol. Eh, it could be worse though.. *cough* Octotel *cough* Frogfoot

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I wish I could also swap if need be... OpenServe (somehow) just run such a solid network.. packetloss doesn't seem to exist in their realm *stares at every other FNO* They were meant to be the first FNO in my area years ago but the project went quiet and suddenly Vumatel appeared out of the blue lol. Eh, it could be worse though.. *cough* Octotel *cough* Frogfoot
Vuma trenched is rock solid too from my experience. Just a pity about their prices.

DeatheCore

Vuma trenched is rock solid too from my experience. Just a pity about their prices.
My line has always been relatively lossy, and unless ones internet is completely unusable there is no chance Vuma will tackle minor loss issues on the last mile. Feels like a bit of a gamble with the quality of their deployments compared to OS. Heaven forbid CISP turn off their TCP accelerators, I'll probably just downgrade back to 100/100 :laugh:

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
frog.gif
Frogfoot - the network that never croaks?