Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

julz009

Anyone @CoolIdeas can double check and clarify a coverage area issue?

So I am moving to a new address in Illiondale but cool ideas support is adamant there is no coverage yet on many different websites including cool ideas 34 Alpine Road Illiondale shows as available.

I have checked tt-connect itself, Afrihost, Axxess and cool ideas, every site says there is a fibre available so whats the issue? Is the info being supplied to each site BS ?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Anyone @CoolIdeas can double check and clarify a coverage area issue?

So I am moving to a new address in Illiondale but cool ideas support is adamant there is no coverage yet on many different websites including cool ideas 34 Alpine Road Illiondale shows as available.

I have checked tt-connect itself, Afrihost, Axxess and cool ideas, every site says there is a fibre available so whats the issue? Is the info being supplied to each site BS ?
Sometimes the maps are incorrect, and most ISPs use the same map provider. Has the connect team confirmed no coverage?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Something pretty weird is happening. My international upstream bandwidth seems to be very low and intermittent. (Vumatel JHB)

Speedtest:

View attachment 1084295

Youtube upload test, this is one video, it keeps going down to 0kb/s. The video is currently stuck at 93% uploaded.
Same thing happens with Driveuploader (Both Google companies?)

I haven't tried other international sites to upload to yet. Anyone experience this?
View attachment 1084293

Edit: I restarted the router but it hasn't fixed it, still very intermittent.

View attachment 1084299
Hi, which network/area ?

Last edited:

julz009

Hi, yes was sent this screenshot by support (connect@coolideas.co.za)

View attachment 1084497

I contacted Afrihost via whatsapp and they confirmed fibre is avaliable so does Afrihost also have the wrong info?

Hi, yes was sent this screenshot by support (connect@coolideas.co.za)

View attachment 1084497

I contacted Afrihost via whatsapp and they confirmed fibre is avaliable so does Afrihost also have the wrong info?

Ive confirmed with TTConnect that there is fibre available..... definitely going to go with a different ISP , lets see how bad the cancellation goes... seen so many bad google reviews based on cancellation/relocation similar to my situation.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member

For those suffering with Octohell i feel your pain, seems to be all over this is CT CBD

50/50 Business line with RSAWEB internet is pathetic :crying:

EDIT: only 3 people on this line as well... we all on email only...
Also city bowl! Besides the lack of client isolation and seing 1500 IPs on the network they told me they found a "bend cable". Today looks half decent....

octotel.png

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Ive confirmed with TTConnect that there is fibre available..... definitely going to go with a different ISP , lets see how bad the cancellation goes... seen so many bad google reviews based on cancellation/relocation similar to my situation.
Will you give me your ticket ref so I can investigate? Most move or cancellation issues are due to FNO systems, the worst being Vumatel for the last year or so.

Hunted

Hi,

Anyone having issues with the CISP VPN? When I used it my ping to yje EU PUBG jumped to 300+ms?

eddief1

Expert Member
Also city bowl! Besides the lack of client isolation and seing 1500 IPs on the network they told me they found a "bend cable". Today looks half decent....
But surely with no client isolation the broadcasts are gonna become a problem ?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Getting unpaid smses but did pay with snapscan.
Hi, if you revisit the invoice page, it should reflect as paid if snapscan has processed the payment.
People tend to close the invoice itself before it refreshes to check the snapscan payment status.

Otherwise PM me your account name, or invoice ID and I will check for you.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Getting unpaid smses but did pay with snapscan.
Check the invoice is marked as paid via Coolzone, if the window is closed too quickly the hook doesn't come back in time. Typically just reopening the invoice then marks it as paid.