Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

zolly

Expert Member
Anyone else having issues accessing sites like The BBC, The Entrepreneur and Reddit? Get this error on my CISP connection and similar error using mobile data:

Error 503 Service Unavailable​

Service Unavailable

Guru Mediation:​

Details: cache-cpt19522-CPT 1623147096 2034939194

Varnish cache server

Service Unavailable

Details: cache-cpt19522-CPT 1623147111 2035022725

Varnish cache server

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Anyone else having issues accessing sites like The BBC, The Entrepreneur and Reddit? Get this error on my CISP connection and similar error using mobile data:

Service Unavailable

Details: cache-cpt19522-CPT 1623147096 2034939194

Varnish cache server

Service Unavailable

Details: cache-cpt19522-CPT 1623147111 2035022725

Varnish cache server

Yeah, I'm getting this for paypal.com as well. It looks like the "fastly" CDN which a lot of these sites are using is having problems with their Joburg node.

Naaimasjien

Yeah, I'm getting this for paypal.com as well. It looks like the "fastly" CDN which a lot of these sites are using is having problems with their Joburg node.
Seems like the issue is affecting other regions too. CNN, BBC, etc. down in Europe + US as well

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Seems like the issue is affecting other regions too. CNN, BBC, etc. down in Europe + US as well
Yeah, they all seem to use the fastly CDN to service traffic in South Africa which is affected by the fastly Joburg outage.

Herr der Verboten

Honorary Master
Hi, if you revisit the invoice page, it should reflect as paid if snapscan has processed the payment.
People tend to close the invoice itself before it refreshes to check the snapscan payment status.

Otherwise PM me your account name, or invoice ID and I will check for you.
Check the invoice is marked as paid via Coolzone, if the window is closed too quickly the hook doesn't come back in time. Typically just reopening the invoice then marks it as paid.
Tx. Will do in hour or so.

:edit
So account page shows paid for June :thumbsup:

Must have been a glitch somehow somewhere that made it seem unpaid.

Last edited:

Nemanjas Bullet

Are other people on Octotel in Southern Suburbs still having issues? Been working from home today and have had my connection drop 3 times during online meetings.

ThatGuy_ZA

Also city bowl! Besides the lack of client isolation and seing 1500 IPs on the network they told me they found a "bend cable". Today looks half decent....

View attachment 1084651

I'm having the same issues in the Southern Suburbs.

Octotel sent out a technician who replaced my ONT... Sigh.

Also, who needs client isolation? Where's the fun in that? /s

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
I'm having the same issues in the Southern Suburbs.

Octotel sent out a technician who replaced my ONT... Sigh.

Also, who needs client isolation? Where's the fun in that? /s
Its your router, sd-wan, firewall. Anything but the cr@ppy octotel network!!!!

You should check out all the streaming boxes. Content is a bit dodge. I cannot for the life of me understand why so many of you Slaapstadters also buy Fritz boxes? At least protect the damn kuk.

Hunted

Yes we are tweaking it, apologies.
Hi

Are you guys still tweaking the CISP VPN in the UK. I understand its free and all, but the "solution" offered for the crap pings for the AWS PUBG servers is still 300ms plus.

It's really crap that AWS have routed some servers via the East coast. It were all good when CISP managed it themselves and forced routings.

I really didn't want to spend additional money on a VPN I hardly will use except to play a game where the pings worked fine in the past.

Sorry for the rant I love being with CISP, but this situation is frustrating.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Hi

Are you guys still tweaking the CISP VPN in the UK. I understand its free and all, but the "solution" offered for the crap pings for the AWS PUBG servers is still 300ms plus.

It's really crap that AWS have routed some servers via the East coast. It were all good when CISP managed it themselves and forced routings.

I really didn't want to spend additional money on a VPN I hardly will use except to play a game where the pings worked fine in the past.

Sorry for the rant I love being with CISP, but this situation is frustrating.
If you really want you can pickup a Windscribe account for free comes with 10GB i think has servers in UK so you will get normal ping. Sadly Warp is plagued with AWS trash transit as well

Nemanjas Bullet

Is there anything I can do to escalate my issues? It's just been getting worse and worse. Feels like a disconnect every couple of hours.

zolly

Expert Member
Are other people on Octotel in Southern Suburbs still having issues? Been working from home today and have had my connection drop 3 times during online meetings.

I am in the Kenilworth area and have been having timeouts on my line since last Friday. I did a full reset last night and it helped, but still getting the odd timeout here and there. Enough for zoom to go "unstable connection" and for ping plotter to get red for about 2 - 5 seconds.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Is there anything I can do to escalate my issues? It's just been getting worse and worse. Feels like a disconnect every couple of hours.
Can you provide PPPoE logs, and pings to 154.0.0.230 and your account details when this happens? Have you logged a ticket?

All of this helps us to build a case with Octotel.

Nemanjas Bullet

Can you provide PPPoE logs, and pings to 154.0.0.230 and your account details when this happens? Have you logged a ticket?

All of this helps us to build a case with Octotel.
I have an open ticket, and have provided the information they asked of me there.

#COOL-20210604-697276​

Will look to add the additionals when it happens again.

ThatGuy_ZA

Its your router, sd-wan, firewall. Anything but the cr@ppy octotel network!!!!

You should check out all the streaming boxes. Content is a bit dodge. I cannot for the life of me understand why so many of you Slaapstadters also buy Fritz boxes? At least protect the damn kuk.

LOOL! I hear you should also forward port 22 for them to work properly :D

SplaT

Anyone know how I diagnose this? How can I tell if this issue is me or the ISP?

Photoshop_tNzOGrF6jY.png

I'm on Vumatel in Johannesburg.