Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

LLoydizle

@PBCool - Seems like a few of us are down in the Bedford Gardens area since 21:00, tonight. I can’t see anything on announcement page. Any idea what’s up?

Ticket: COOL-20210613-703429

LLoydizle

@PBCool wait, scratch that! I was looking at outages under announcements cause I’m stupid! I see that there’s maintenance happening in Bedfordview. Sorry!

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Unfortunately no static IPs with PPP, but you would still get a public with MFN. What is your need for a static?
When I was with Direct MFN back in the day, I needed some port forwarding to be done and they were like, " Yeah, sure we assigned a Static IP free of charge for you?

So what exactly do you mean by this I would love a static IP for some of the tools I wanna play with

Just against your policy so people don't use it for other stuff or not possible?

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
When I was with Direct MFN back in the day, I needed some port forwarding to be done and they were like, " Yeah, sure we assigned a Static IP free of charge for you?

So what exactly do you mean by this I would love a static IP for some of the tools I wanna play with

Just against your policy so people don't use it for other stuff or not possible?
Float a static - what is your router?

ItherNiT

The combination of Cool Ideas’ and Afrihosts’ network infrastructure will provide for significant scale benefits and further improve the already sterling delivery of fast, uncapped internet to clients with the dedication and innovation that has made Cool Ideas successful.
5d6lwf.jpg

On a more serious note, I'm mostly concerned with you guys getting out voted on network decisions, when afri wants to save a buck.

I jumped from the afri ship when they had that problem with MTN. Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself...

SandMan

Afrihost to buy Cool Ideas​

Congratulations on a very successful business, I can only hope the service and especially network speeds, will stay what they are on CISP network and not degrade to the sh*t that is Afrihost

BadBoyGP

Congratulations on a very successful business, I can only hope the service and especially network speeds, will stay what they are on CISP network and not degrade to the sh*t that is Afrihost
Afrihost was very good a few years ago then poof gone down the drain, I hope cisp doesn't fall down that route.

Phinix

Expert Member
While I don't have many of the concerns that others have expressed over this Afrihost deal.

I would be more concerned about Afrihost - who has worse/higher ping routes to overseas than CI - wanting to jump onto the lines that you use, over saturating them and hurting the performance of the CI network.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
While I don't have many of the concerns that others have expressed over this Afrihost deal.

I would be more concerned about Afrihost - who has worse/higher ping routes to overseas than CI - wanting to jump onto the lines that you use, over saturating them and hurting the performance of the CI network.
That isn't going to happen either and would be a silly thing to do :)

Conack

Expert Member
Will our accounts move to the Afrihost Clientzone, or stay as is for the next few months?

zoozi

Same worry here, back to 200ms EU pings and stream buffers etc. Remember Crystalweb? Awesome routing then it went down the drain, same for Vox (in my case).
Please don't take my 145ms to London away from me :laugh:. Anyway, business is business, chips will fall where they may, congrats again, well deserved.