Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

tardomatic

Ah right - silly me - forgot it's FFs standard planned maintenance f'up which they always seem to schedule for a Thursday or Friday during working hours...

So gatvol of FF - soon as internet is back up I'm going to see which other FNO's are active in my area.

- No downtime expected: Downtime
- Expecting downtime: Downtime
- Neighbour farting too loud: Downtime
- Detect Netflix stream: Downtime and or packet loss

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Outage Update:

Outage title: Outage |CPT | Pinelands - OLT5
Outage ref (solid): FRG1372423
*Impact start time:*11:15
Impact: Down
Outage Update:
-- Log to Vendor and Pending feedback.
-- Vendor has dispatched Onsite techs, We are just pending ETA, we have also escalate to our ME-Team for additional assistance on the matter.

Next Update: 14:00pm

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Update Outage:

Outage title: Outage |CPT | Pinelands - OLT5
Outage ref (solid): FRG1372423
Impact start time: 11:15
Impact: Down

Outage Update
-- Log to Vendor and Pending feedback.
-- Vendor has dispatched Onsite techs, We are just pending ETA, we have also escalate to our ME-Team for additional assistance on the matter.
-- The team has tested a low light on the backhaul. The team will continue to localize the losses.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
No further feedback?

4 hours is a pretty long outage

Wtf went wrong that takes this long to fix?

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Any idea how long a speed upgrade usually takes?

They say 2-5 working days. Request from CISP to Vuma went out at 10am today. Any chance it could happen before the weekend?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Any idea how long a speed upgrade usually takes?

They say 2-5 working days. Request from CISP to Vuma went out at 10am today. Any chance it could happen before the weekend?
Typically 24 hours mostly less... If it's PPPOE and coolzone indicates a new product, then try restarting your router. If Vumatel has done their part...

And also be sure to have paid the prorata invoice for the upgrade. Otherwise the product doesn't get adjusted.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Typically 24 hours mostly less... If it's PPPOE and coolzone indicates a new product, then try restarting your router. If Vumatel has done their part...

And also be sure to have paid the prorata invoice for the upgrade. Otherwise the product doesn't get adjusted.
Thanks. Where would I get the prorata invoice? Don't see anything in coolzone apart from my last invoice, and Connect just said they'll be in touch when the upgrade is applied.

Would like to try sort out what I can from my side in the mean time...

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Thanks. Where would I get the prorata invoice? Don't see anything in coolzone apart from my last invoice, and Connect just said they'll be in touch when the upgrade is applied.

Would like to try sort out what I can from my side in the mean time...
Ok, if you haven't seen a prorata invoice yet, it probably means Vumatel, or Connect haven't confirmed the upgrade yet. When they have, the prorata should be issued.

It will be emailed to you, and appear in Coolzone.

Last edited:

Overblaze

Morning everyone, do I use my own username and password or still 'test' and 'test' for the VPN?