Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

kabusi

Expert Member
Try being on Vodacom FNO, a 100/100 line is R1499....
I agree. When is everyone going to address the elephant in the room?
Vodacom entry-level 10/5 product is around R600/R650 unless you are willing to pay for installation/activation which is over R1.5K, then you might pay slightly less.
Just about every other FNO is coming to the party with increased speeds and better pricing besides Vodacom.

Last edited:

image132

Expert Member
Been on Openserve for nearly 3 years now, the only issue I've had is my cable snapped off inside the box at the pole for some mysterious reason. Other than, no down time ever, it's rock solid, you can't go wrong if you go with OS.

My issue isn't downtime. Aside from Octotels sporadic 5-10min disconnects actually has a pretty good uptime. Network quality is what I want, as you saw from my posts above Octotel has a problem with that and I don't want to move to Openserve and have the same problems because then I'm just trading one company that won't fix their s*** for another one.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
My issue isn't downtime. Aside from Octotels sporadic 5-10min disconnects actually has a pretty good uptime. Network quality is what I want, as you saw from my posts above Octotel has a problem with that and I don't want to move to Openserve and have the same problems because then I'm just trading one company that won't fix their s*** for another one.
We have annual issues with Octotel, their response is always similar, making big changes employing more staff etc etc.

Openserve we will have individual issues here or there that will either take ages to resolve or not at all but that would be 2 cases of the whole base.

So between the two Openserve has a far better quality network in my opinion.

I will check what the process is to move, if we can cancel the Octotel line without notice.

image132

Expert Member
We have annual issues with Octotel, their response is always similar, making big changes employing more staff etc etc.

Openserve we will have individual issues here or there that will either take ages to resolve or not at all but that would be 2 cases of the whole base.

So between the two Openserve has a far better quality network in my opinion.

I will check what the process is to move, if we can cancel the Octotel line without notice.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I also just need to find out the process to follow. Do I just order a new line like I'm a new customer on your website?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thank you, I appreciate it. I also just need to find out the process to follow. Do I just order a new line like I'm a new customer on your website?
We don't have an official process to follow to swap FNOs, typically it would be a cancellation and reapplication. But let me chat to the team.

image132

Expert Member
We don't have an official process to follow to swap FNOs, typically it would be a cancellation and reapplication. But let me chat to the team.

I don't mind I just want to know what the process is. If its a cancellation and reapplication I'll do it tonight. Thanks for all the help.

*EDIT: Octotel line cancelled and Openserve line ordered.

Last edited:

LLoydizle

@PBCool looms like my area is down again. Broadband light is showing on ONT, but there’s no service light. Happening in my entire complex as well. Nothing on the announcement page.

ticket: COOL-20210621-708560

linkinpark

Expert Member
How long does it normally take to switch ISP's on a cancelled Vumatel line? The previous ISP (WebAfrica) was cancelled with effect at the end of April and I made an application last monday.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
How long does it normally take to switch ISP's on a cancelled Vumatel line? The previous ISP (WebAfrica) was cancelled with effect at the end of April and I made an application last monday.
Should be pretty quick, can you PM me an object number, or ticket reference ?

ItherNiT

Let me just state outright, that the 1000/500Mbps offering from Vumatel is um, bleuch, but we're still gonna offer it.

Vuma's pricing is really weird, no idea why they think that was a good idea....

Any update on the 10gbps trials?

S.Claus

Expert Member
What do you even do with 10Gbps at home? I think there are two commercial routers that I know of that can handle those speeds (Asus AXE11000/GT-AX11000). On the plus side, you can resell to a small complex and you never have to worry about bandwidth saturation.

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Service and broadband lights off for a few of my clients in carlswald area MFN
Including myself ? Any issue logged ? @PBCool