Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

Phinix

Expert Member
Something is broken.

Edit: Fixed now it seems.

Last edited:

rash1233

With Octotel you need the hope, wing and a prayer router!
I've been with Octotel for a couple of years. There were some Octotel-specific issues early on but it's been solid for a while now. I think it really just depends where you are, I know other areas have it pretty bad. Looks like my hope wing and prayer router works fine (for now...)

requiem

Expert Member
If nothing on announcements then we're not aware of anything, Vumatel blip maybe?

Could very well be, just frustrating that they insist we contact you guys, and it happened after hours. I gave up trying at 1:00 AM.

I checked with neighbours with different ISP's and they were also down

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Could very well be, just frustrating that they insist we contact you guys, and it happened after hours. I gave up trying at 1:00 AM.

So then Vumatel outage, you need to remember these are best effort services, so realistically any form of relative assistance at 1:00am would be unlikely.

requiem

Expert Member
So then Vumatel outage, you need to remember these are best effort services, so realistically any form of relative assistance at 1:00am would be unlikely.

Fair enough.

Was just an inconvenient time - we were doing a release at work.

I am extremely happy with CISP and the service you guys provide.

Without a doubt the best ISP I have had

r00igev@@r

Executive Member

You woke the neighbours at 1am? :p

jannier

Expert Member
What? you telling me you have never wondered what time it was so you start blowing a vuvuzela outside until your neighbour shouts "SHUT UP IT IS 2am"...?
That is me at 2am when my Neighbors' dog CSTFU!! :ROFL: :laugh:

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
@PBCool

Hi could you help my new client out this her first bill and yeah well she knows now how to pay it etc but attached is her POP
Could you get your team to open access on her account please COOL64799

1612981152466.png

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Hi, Had a look her service isn't suspended?
Can you have a look and see if their session is active, they with Vodacom Fibre so when we connected the router yesterday we didnt have to input the PPPoE details and any lan cable into the back of the NOKIA ONT it would work.

Now the TP link router has all lights green which tells me its fine bu they not getting internet

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Can you have a look and see if their session is active, they with Vodacom Fibre so when we connected the router yesterday we didnt have to input the PPPoE details and any lan cable into the back of the NOKIA ONT it would work.

Now the TP link router has all lights green which tells me its fine bu they not getting internet
No session and doesn't look like there has ever been one, will have someone investigate in the morning, sorry I cant do more :(.

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
No session and doesn't look like there has ever been one, will have someone investigate in the morning, sorry I cant do more :(.
Thank you, yeah they told me every since the loadshedding today it has not been working.

When i did a speedtest it did show cool ideas as the ISP on the router.
So very weird but are you meant to use PPPoE details on the Vodacom Fibre network as im sure its a GPON.
First client with Vodacom so a real surprise we even got it working as normally you cant use another ISP

Thanks again please could you give me feedback on this in the morning

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thank you, yeah they told me every since the loadshedding today it has not been working.

When i did a speedtest it did show cool ideas as the ISP on the router.
So very weird but are you meant to use PPPoE details on the Vodacom Fibre network as im sure its a GPON.
First client with Vodacom so a real surprise we even got it working as normally you cant use another ISP

Thanks again please could you give me feedback on this in the morning
VC uses an l2tp setup so similar to that of Openserve in the sense that it's realm based, so you can switch ISPs on the fly.