Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
ISP-500446
VC-1721-527967
VC-30621-431431
#COOL-20210612-703028
According to Vumatel they called to install and customer requested to be called this week to schedule.
So seems to be some confusion, I presume you have an installation in place?

Noah

Expert Member
According to Vumatel they called to install and customer requested to be called this week to schedule.
So seems to be some confusion, I presume you have an installation in place?
I do have an installation in place, they phoned last week to schedule an install. I Told the vumatel guy there must've been a mistake and that I'm simply swapping ISP's. He said ok and put the line down.

I never made a request to be contacted this week.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I do have an installation in place, they phoned last week to schedule an install. I Told the vumatel guy there must've been a mistake and that I'm simply swapping ISP's. He said ok and put the line down.

I never made a request to be contacted this week.
Yeah Vumatel has captured the order incorrectly which is what's caused the delay. The team will sort it out l for you.

netstrider

Expert Member
Thry phoned me several times on a Saturday to confirm whether installation is complete. Very good service.

You're in good hands.

jannier

Expert Member
Yeah. it's a .bin file after I extracted.
All 3 firmware's says for "For Archer C20(EU) V4"
Yours does not have the (EU) designation in the model number, so I take it that it will not load on your device.

S.Claus

Expert Member
All 3 firmware's says for "For Archer C20(EU) V4"
Yours does not have the (EU) designation in the model number, so I take it that it will not load on your device.
Bad design(my routers dev uploads 1 file for everyone all over the world). What features are they region locking ?

jannier

Expert Member
I scratched out my old C2 and you can see in the model number on mine has the (EU). I purchased mine from an independent distributor back in 2018.

1625426304628.png

S.Claus

Expert Member
Available usable Channels in some regions. Output power for range.
It's easier to have 1 file that automatically identifies the region and locks/unlocks channels etc. I would try and make it as easy as possible for a user to keep their router up to date (bonus points if the ISP updates it monthly or if you can do it from the UI)

Noah

Expert Member

Splinter

Honorary Master
Check what your devices are negotiated at, basically swapping cables is quite easy but make sure everything is 1Gbps vs 100 or 10Mbps.

Things are strange. My routers lights come on, then go dead. But - I still have internet connection. Now just using my work laptop and did a speedtest. The hosts are completely different. I thought my laptop didn't have 3G or whatever, but surely this isn't CI's?

1625467971612.png