Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

Krazee

Vumatel has bricked my line twice in the past 3 days , resulting in over 2 days of downtime . Now they want to re-provision a clearly faulty ONT, as I've had issues way before the upgrades on the 1st. Its sad to say that I'd prefer my packetloss fest on Octotel when I stayed in CPT over this.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Vumatel has bricked my line twice in the past 3 days , resulting in over 2 days of downtime . Now they want to re-provision a clearly faulty ONT, as I've had issues way before the upgrades on the 1st. Its sad to say that I'd prefer my packetloss fest on Octotel when I stayed in CPT over this.
Often it is just the incorrect premise thing again, so let me know if after this provision you still have issues?

Splinter

Honorary Master
'Power saving' setting on your router? Or do you mean the fibre ONT/CPE?

I have discovered that I inadvertently hit the "LED off" button on the back. What fooled me for a while is that they do come on briefly when switching the router on for the first time. But yes, I was a dumbass :)

Oh yes - the strange hosts I see on my laptop's speedtest are apparently because it gets directed through a firewall.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
I have discovered that I inadvertently hit the "LED off" button on the back. What fooled me for a while is that they do come on briefly when switching the router on for the first time. But yes, I was a dumbass :)

Oh yes - the strange hosts I see on my laptop's speedtest are apparently because it gets directed through a firewall.
Eish. Your work network is on rain. Jammer.

WhiteyOP

Hey @TheRoDent can you check on ticket #COOL-20210706-719321 intermittent connection since about 11pm last night. Now completely off.

I am in sunningdale, Cape Town and on frog foot. I see some other above have issues as well.

I am on call this week and desperately need an active connection.

Last edited:

kombi-man

Im in Parklands, and mine was also down, and right now seems to be going up and down. So at least they're busy with it.
1625554206255.png

kombi-man

Right now I'm connected via my cel as a hotspot, and monitoring my router, and speedtests, and it's all over the place, up down, slw, fast, so, they're working on it right this minute.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
I am so glad Frogfoot never came to my side of Table View, you guys hardly ever go a full week without issues...

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
*Outage Update:*

*Outage title:* Outage | CPT | Regional | Intermittency
*Outage ref (solid):* FRG1403696
*Impact start time:* 2021-07-06 08:00
*Impact:* Intermittency

*Outage Update*

Day 2021-07-06:

*1)* 08:00 - Network wide impact started, related to change: FRG1384197
*2)* 07:45 - IP Core teams en route (already responded to change - FRG1384197, outage FRG1403639)
*3)* 08:45 - network wide impact reduced to Parklands only, Core engineers still actively troubleshooting to remedy impact in full. This outage will be closed off and the updates will follow on the Parklands outage, FRG1403639