Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

S.Claus

Expert Member
Don't you still have the Openserve line?
Yes I’m just waiting for a fix so I don’t have to worry every time the router goes off that it returns with 30ms to JHB

The game:
Turn on router check ping (either 5ms , 11ms or 30ms)
Turn off router for atleast 20min
Turn router on again and check ping
If ping is 5ms do everything humanly possible to ensure that the router does not power off

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Yes I’m just waiting for a fix so I don’t have to worry every time the router goes off that it returns with 30ms to JHB

The game:
Turn on router check ping (either 5ms , 11ms or 30ms)
Turn off router for atleast 20min
Turn router on again and check ping
If ping is 5ms do everything humanly possible to ensure that the router does not power off
Buy a mini DC UPS for it.

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
Short term solution but would prefer a permanent fix so all my traffic can have low ping
I know but a fix is a fix instead of waiting for Openserve to actually do something.

Last week Thursday was the first time my router was off this year and it's because I restarted it. Just chugging along through all loadshedding and power interruptions without a care in the world.

rolandos

Anyone on Vuma aerial with international issues, packet loss and latency like crazy since 21h00 and all my international streaming is terrible

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.13.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.13.48 PM.png
    754.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.11.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 10.11.59 PM.png
    352.5 KB · Views: 31

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Anyone on Vuma aerial with international issues, packet loss and latency like crazy since 21h00 and all my international streaming is terrible
No major dips on graphs like we had earlier today, but those MTRs show the issue on Vumatels network :( please log if it continues.

S.Claus

Expert Member
View attachment 1100345
How am I supposed to use the line when it behaves like this @PBCool?

I know but a fix is a fix instead of waiting for Openserve to actually do something.

Last week Thursday was the first time my router was off this year and it's because I restarted it. Just chugging along through all loadshedding and power interruptions without a care in the world.
Being complaining for 4 months plus now getting assisted by 10+ people from CISP/Openserve and still no solution.95% of the time if I manage to get the lucky low latency route it stays at that low latency but every now and then it randomly changes regardless of the router stayed online (Last Friday it went from 5ms-29ms with packet loss)

Noah

Expert Member
I do apologise for the inconvenience caused in this regard & hope to have good news after 12:00.
Peri taking his sweet time to provide feedback.
marked as extremely urgent
Clearly not urgent enough.

EDIT: Order cancelled.

Last edited:

Cage Rattler

Octotel okay in southern suburbs, Clarement? Only getting 90/60 on a 100/100 line. Been quite a few random disconnects during the day too.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Peri taking his sweet time to provide feedback.

Clearly not urgent enough.

EDIT: Order cancelled.
I wasn't aware this wasn't resolved as yet, seems Vumatel try and provision and it fails it then takes over a day to escalate due to the backlog of the regrades.

MDE

Expert Member
Octotel okay in southern suburbs, Clarement? Only getting 90/60 on a 100/100 line. Been quite a few random disconnects during the day too.
Fine here...

Code:
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by ECN (Pty) Ltd (Cape Town) [14.69 km]: 7.573 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 93.74 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 101.55 Mbit/s

Busy watching Netflix as well.

Noah

Expert Member
I wasn't aware this wasn't resolved as yet, seems Vumatel try and provision and it fails it then takes over a day to escalate due to the backlog of the regrades.
Vumatel this vumatel that, you guys are my only method of contacting them as they refuse to talk to consumers. And so far you've been a **** mitm.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Vumatel this vumatel that, you guys are my only method of contacting them as they refuse to talk to consumers. And so far you've been a **** mitm.
Apologies I assure you the team has been on top of them, from the incorrect order in the beginning to provisioning. I will push from my side as much as possible.

Noah

Expert Member
Apologies I assure you the team has been on top of them, from the incorrect order in the beginning to provisioning. I will push from my side as much as possible.
Light came on the GPON, sorry about last night but squealing and performing like a child works sometimes.
tenor.gif

EdQubit

Anyone else having issues in Century City, Cape Town (Century City Connect FNO). Connection has suddenly become really slow, seems to be disconnecting on and off. Don't see anything on CISP announcements.

AsianSpaceman

Anyone else having issues in Century City, Cape Town (Century City Connect FNO). Connection has suddenly become really slow, seems to be disconnecting on and off. Don't see anything on CISP announcements.

Yip, mine dropped completely for a few min, now it shows I have a connection but unable to load any pages

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Yeah, up and down like a yo-yo for me the last 20 minutes