Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
She has told me it comes and goes all the time.
I'm told that all the time.

EDIT: Last week I went to help someone who said the Internet was working not working and the lady of the house had been persuaded by the sales person at Incredible connection to buy a wifi extender.
Spawn of Satan, I tell ya!

Last edited:

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
I'm told that all the time.

EDIT: Last week I went to help someone who said the Internet was working not working and the lady of the house had been persuaded by the sales person at Incredible connection to buy a wifi extender.
Spawn of Satan, I tell ya!

Those dam WiFi extenders literally the first thing I tell the client to throw away then bring on cool ideas

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Can I send you speedtest? :p:laugh::X3:
Dot some of those repeaters in your house then ask why am i not getting my 100mbps. Gosh some people that listen to incredible connection, best part is you tell them to take them back and they like no its fine. But let me install Unifi and they take their dam time to pay me....

Grynne

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place but I've been experiencing random disconnects from Call of Duty (Warzone and Modern Warfare) over the past 10 days or so. I've pretty much run out of things I can do from my side and I haven't had a response from Activision's customer service. Are there any issues to those servers or is there any way of checking if my connection is the issue?

Thanks and apologies if this isn't the right place.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place but I've been experiencing random disconnects from Call of Duty (Warzone and Modern Warfare) over the past 10 days or so. I've pretty much run out of things I can do from my side and I haven't had a response from Activision's customer service. Are there any issues to those servers or is there any way of checking if my connection is the issue?

When you disconnect from Warzone does anything like discord drop as well?

Grynne

When you disconnect from Warzone does anything like discord drop as well?
As far as I'm aware nothing else drops. I haven't been on Discord while playing but I'm not aware of anything else losing connection.

I even get a message saying that connection to the Blizzard servers has been lost while the Blizzard desktop app stays connected. If anything I can only imagine it's a result of packet loss but again I'm just at the point of trying anything now.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

Hi, Area FNO? Have you logged a ticket as yet?

Are you using wireless to connect to your service or via cable?

Grynne

Hi, Area FNO? Have you logged a ticket as yet?

Are you using wireless to connect to your service or via cable?
Hi thanks for the reply.

I've just logged a ticket now. I'm in Dawncliffe/Westville KZN and I believe on Openserve.

The ticket number is #COOL-20210213-610917.

I'm connected with a wired connection.

Armizael

Anyone here on Vodacom fibre that can attest to the experience?
Looks like my new place only has Vodacom fibre coverage - at least I can get Cool Ideas on it.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Dot some of those repeaters in your house then ask why am i not getting my 100mbps. Gosh some people that listen to incredible connection, best part is you tell them to take them back and they like no its fine. But let me install Unifi and they take their dam time to pay me....
Its all an ISP conspiracy to rob you of your speed....

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Did you try tweak MTU by chance?
Okay i changed out their router to a Tenda MW6 mesh one and its working perfectly fine although the speeds she is getting at 20 Down and 10Mbps up when it should be a 40/40Mbps line ?