Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

Splinter

Honorary Master
Not complaining though :)

The last week I did speed tests via the PS5 and it was recording 750mbs download. Only 29mbs or such upload.

But downloading 25gigs or so in a few minutes also gave me comfort

DeatheCore

Anyone here playing the New World closed beta? If so, thoughts on latency?

Servers are AWS EU-central hosted, so assuming Frankfurt or thereabouts. MTR to the respective IP yields ~160ms but ingame fluctuates between 190 and 210 making it pretty unplayable.

Same results on the CISP UK VPN so assume it's purely on the AWS side of things.

Last edited:

jannier

Expert Member

Servers are AWS EU-central hosted, so assuming Frankfurt or thereabouts. MTR to the respective IP yields ~160ms but ingame fluctuates between 190 and 210 making it pretty unplayable.

Same results on the CISP UK VPN so assume it's purely on the AWS side of things.

Don't want my RTX 3080 to burn out. :oops:

remoten

sitting on 190-210 - its manageable some rubber banding here and there but I have friends in the EU all saying their pings are going up and down. However its a Beta and it seems they are on top of fixing anything and everything.

Jason-ZA

I think we were using 1.1.1.1 as a forwarder from there, have set it back to root hints so let me know if there is any improvement. Alternatively try benchmark it?

@PBCool @TheRoDent I've noticed that the CISP DNS servers aren't validating DNSSEC, I think it might be related to this change since 1.1.1.1 would have been doing it.

Just posting this to make you guys aware, and hopefully it's an easy fix :)

1626991625841.png

mjzar

Hi @PBCool

Does CISP offer FTTH service on the Vuma Village network (former SADV)
Is it dependent on location?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi @PBCool

Does CISP offer FTTH service on the Vuma Village network (former SADV)
Is it dependent on location?
Only thing it depends on is whether the site is open access, SADV still has a few closed sites. Have you checked our coverage page?

ThatGuy_ZA

Anyone else having issues on Octotel in the Southern Suburbs?
My PPPoE connection has died twice this morning - once at 08:43 and again at 10:41.

mjzar

Only thing it depends on is whether the site is open access, SADV still has a few closed sites. Have you checked our coverage page?
Okay I see. I queried Cool Ideas via email and they responded they do not offer fibre services in your area
The website shows as having no coverage. I'm currently using MTS and have previously used Afrihost at the same address - however both these also display no coverage.

Thanks for the response

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Okay I see. I queried Cool Ideas via email and they responded they do not offer fibre services in your area
The website shows as having no coverage. I'm currently using MTS and have previously used Afrihost at the same address - however both these also display no coverage.

Thanks for the response
It's possible that that estate moved over as an "SADV" estate after the Vumatel merge, PM me your ticker number.

MDE

Expert Member
Octotel are or were doing maintenance today on the Rondebosch node.

Cyphera

Having same challenge, 215ms constant in game is challenging for the game type. Confirmed server location is Frankfurt, I've tried Mudfish and WTFast but neither has support for this game server as a destination yet. Also tried the CISP UK VPN to no avail. Lot of gamers going to be trying to play the new big Amazon MMO. If there is anything you could do to optimize routing would really be awesome, I've run out of options as to what next.