Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
My ticket is #COOL-20210629-713461 although I've been told that a ticket has been raised with Octotel already.
So the team has a list with Octotel that they are working through, I believe you are a part of the same list.

image132

Expert Member
Why is Octotel seemingly all of a sudden trying to fix their network after years of claiming its perfect? Is this because Openserve is encroaching on their areas?

grantduke

If Frogfoot is installed, and both Broadband and Service lights are on. Am I good to plugin and set up the router with PPP details?

phoenix99

Expert Member
@PBCool I need some assistance with an ongoing problem on my Octotel fibre line. I've been having multiple disconnects daily since 8 June and there seems to be a breakdown in communication with your support team.

#COOL-20210628-712352 is the ticket number.

Can you please assist me with an update or a plan of action on this?

S.Claus

Expert Member
I haven't been switched over yet because I only replied late and I think @PBCool isn't online right now.

But has yours improved at all?
I had some hiccups where sites wouldn’t load on certain devices. The latency improved a tiny bit but it’s got something to do with the access routers

Brandon

#COOL-20210728-735329
Down again :(
Last week Wednesday to Friday night
This week Wednesday to ???
VUMA = useless

grantduke

Anyone here Mikrotik gurus? Busy frying my brain trying to understand why my VPN client on the Mikrotik doesn't want to connect. But as soon as I try to connect the my Mikrotik from the office (L2TP) my connection outbound to the office just starts to work all of a sudden

rolandos

anyone having issues on international specifically to hetzner, keep losing access to my server using cloudflare warp all returns to normal been erratic since 7pm (Vuma aerial Morningside Sandton)

Jason-ZA

anyone having issues on international specifically to hetzner, keep losing access to my server using cloudflare warp all returns to normal been erratic since 7pm (Vuma aerial Morningside Sandton)

No international issues my side, if possible, post an MTR next time you lose access to it.