Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

djsadie

Is it just me or has connectivity On Vuma Aerial (CISP) dropped again just as game finished?

netstrider

Expert Member
Timing really wasn't great. I watched the game on mobile data which I have plenty of but for someone like me with an old TV I rely on Chromecast to view and so without the time I watched on mobile.

Really not nice.

djsadie

Is it just me or has connectivity On Vuma Aerial (CISP) dropped again just as game finished?
Still down. Red light flashing on ONT. Ticket #COOL-20210731-738624 logged with CI. Anyone else in the North Riding area on Vuma Aerial experiencing the same?

jannier

Expert Member
No idea... ran the test cabled from a PC 2 switches from the router
It means that you need to investigate and resolve that lose on your router as that is problematic.
Maybe some setting is wrong, QoS, firewall, cables, hardware overload.........., faulty equipment....

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
How quickly could you guys hook me up (Octotel)?

There was a mix up with a cancellation request with my previous ISP and now I'm sitting without fibre and a line that is released.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thanks, perfect timing that the 1st lands on a Sunday then :oops:

Guess I can go without fibre for a day, my ADSL backup will have to do.

I do have a ticket open already with CI.
What's your ticket ref? Octotel activations don't work on Sundays either. So we should be able to assist tomorrow.

ctriaan

@PBCool , I'm a new customer with a similar problem.

The Connect team assured me on Friday that today being Sunday was not a problem.

#COOL-20210630-714892

TopChefGotit

I had bad jitter on wednesday and thursday, Octotel. Seemed to fix itself from friday.

was this an CISP or Octotel issue?

jannier

Expert Member
I had bad jitter on wednesday and thursday, Octotel. Seemed to fix itself from friday.

was this an CISP or Octotel issue?
What area?
https://coolideas.co.za/announcements/9805

There was a massive outage on Friday in the Blouberg, Tableview, Melkbos Strand and all surrounding areas due to Fibre cable break. It was reported on Radio stations that it was cable theft. Not sure what they want to do with fibre cable, maybe create some fancy fibre light decorations.

1627818538254.png