Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

tardomatic

Anyone else have troubles in Sunningdale area in Table View, Cape Town on Frogfoot?

Below download has been like this since I woke up this morning on my 200mb line.

Ping: 4ms
Download: 0.75Mbps
Upload: 29.76Mbps
Yeah, Im seeing tons of packetloss this morning as well. FrogFoot, sunningdale. There's some maintenance happening at the moment (see below). At least I see OpenServe is busy trenching in my neighbourhood, so there is light at the end of this tunnel

1629793677164.png

S.Claus

Expert Member
OK I don't think the geolocation is relative to your game matchmaking problems.

If the IP works, it works. They're all announced equally to our peers and transit providers.
Keep in mind I am filtering for JHB specifically so when it says CPT and the game try to put me into CPT lobbies it will keep failing because the router is blocking the connection to CPT. Not the end of the world I'm simply switching from Geo-based filtering to ping-based filtering.

Pure_Acid

Yeah, Im seeing tons of packetloss this morning as well. FrogFoot, sunningdale. There's some maintenance happening at the moment (see below). At least I see OpenServe is busy trenching in my neighbourhood, so there is light at the end of this tunnel View attachment 1133012

This maintenance sure is going on forever it seems, thanks for the post.

Down to 0.12mb download now @_@

StoneCold

Expert Member
Just a quick shout out to Cool Ideas support.

My connectivity dropped last night 18:15 and I had no internet for the rest of the evening. Logged a fault just after 08:00 this morning, within the hour, Dwayne phoned me to inform that he logged a fault with Openserve on my behalf. Then, at 12:20, Simbonile phoned to verify if connectivity has been restored and explained that a faulty splitter was responsible for the break in connectivity and was replaced by an OS techie.

My connection is running like a boss once more:

11928182587.png

Service like this is the reason why I'll keep on supporting CISP and pay them each month.

Well done guys!

leppie

Foctotel disconnect again. Got JHB 1.1.1.1 routing again... 102.132.200.80

Funny enough, like yesterday. Reconnected again, it works, and I actually got the same IP again. 155.93.247.8x (thats the same one I had before yesterday's disconnect too).

Wondering if there is not something else going on here... It would be weird getting the same IP if a bunch of other users on the FNO also got disconnected.

@PBCool can you track if there is a 'mass' reconnection happening on Octotel?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Foctotel disconnect again. Got JHB 1.1.1.1 routing again... 102.132.200.80

Funny enough, like yesterday. Reconnected again, it works, and I actually got the same IP again. 155.93.247.8x (thats the same one I had before yesterday's disconnect too).

Wondering if there is not something else going on here... It would be weird getting the same IP if a bunch of other users on the FNO also got disconnected.

@PBCool can you track if there is a 'mass' reconnection happening on Octotel?
Nah NAS' try and keep customer to the same IP, so you are just switching between NAS' when that happens. Which is quite normal.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Nah NAS' try and keep customer to the same IP, so you are just switching between NAS' when that happens. Which is quite normal.
Latency should be fixed for the other IP now as well, I am pushing for an update.

They had a catchup today and there arent any real updates, they are still just working through each case. So please POP me your ref again so I can put some focus on it.

Last edited:

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
You can still request the upgrade. The message is unfortunately quite generic, because we have so many FNO's with varying policies.

If we can upgrade it, the team will action it.

Hmm. ook. I see it is a blocker. I shall fix the code momentarily.

OK, the message has been changed. It's typically a problem only with downgrades, but some FNO's do have a "prior to monthend" window.

You can simply request the upgrade now.

1629828905168.png

Last edited: