Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Idk all I know is our international basically was dead had 1 download to UK with a 50/50 business line :/ so over this shitty ISP couldn't even do my work earlier....
Nah it is wiocc, could be congested transit.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Nah it is wiocc, could be congested transit.
BTW sent Michael and CC you in on an email about FTTB prices and never got a response was on the 23rd June, assume email never went through? I recall we had some email hiccups at the time

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
BTW sent Michael and CC you in on an email about FTTB prices and never got a response was on the 23rd June, assume email never went through? I recall we had some email hiccups at the time
Send it to me again? I don't recall seeing anything.

Phinix

Expert Member
11939485306.png

That was a fast upgrade! Done in under an hour.

BlairRafeKnox

My internet has been off since 24th August 2021 (2 days ago). In durbs between LA Lucia and glenashly. It's our vodacom line with cool ideas. Average 4- 8 hours sessions this 2 semester at varsity. Paying a lot of mobile data (, online this week).

@coolideas_ZA @PBCool @TheRoDent do you guys know if they still working on it? Thanks.

leppie

Will chat to our product guys. Are you looking at 1gbps on Octotel?

Results may vary.... Caveats apply. Because of Octotel's network.

Yes, 1gbit. I am aware, I have been on it before, but then the price went up.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
My internet has been off since 24th August 2021 (2 days ago). In durbs between LA Lucia and glenashly. It's our vodacom line with cool ideas. Average 4- 8 hours sessions this 2 semester at varsity. Paying a lot of mobile data (, online this week).

@coolideas_ZA @PBCool @TheRoDent do you guys know if they still working on it? Thanks.
Do you have your ref for me?

thehuman

Expert Member
@PBCool & @TheRoDent
Have weird one for you
I have a Azure VM , since last nite i cant reach it , but if i thether via my telkom mobile phone it is 100%
(Even more weird , windscribe via cool ideas don't reach server , but windscibe via telkom do reach it )
traces look fine tho (was wondering if MS don't like my ip
can find ip address in below ticket , can PM ip on request too
Ticket : COOL-20210827-757259

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool & @TheRoDent
Have weird one for you
I have a Azure VM , since last nite i cant reach it , but if i thether via my telkom mobile phone it is 100%
(Even more weird , windscribe via cool ideas don't reach server , but windscibe via telkom do reach it )
traces look fine tho (was wondering if MS don't like my ip
can find ip address in below ticket , can PM ip on request too
Ticket : COOL-20210827-757259
If you are vpning then your src IP would change, have you logged a ticket with MS as yet?

thehuman

Expert Member
If you are vpning then your src IP would change, have you logged a ticket with MS as yet?
Not 5 mins after i created ticket , Thabelo called , we played arount with settings , and figured out it is something to do with the MTU

jannier

Expert Member
Not 5 mins after i created ticket , Thabelo called , we played arount with settings , and figured out it is something to do with the MTU
If you have not done so yet, set your router MTU to automatic, then run the MTU check at the next link and then apply the MTU value it gives you.

thehuman

Expert Member
If you have not done so yet, set your router MTU to automatic, then run the MTU check at the next link and then apply the MTU value it gives you.

Actually tried that, came up as 1480
Enabled pings on the VM and ping -f the server , highest i could get was 1392.
Asume that translate to 1440 mtu
Ok cool yeah which router are you using?
Mikrotik

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Frogfoot, about 2am yesterday line became weird, could be maintenance.
After that seems received new ip address and lost connectivity only to that site.
1st time had to play around with mtu :)
Yeah so then their maintenance seems to have resulted in MTU limitations.