SFW007

Expert Member
Apex
London 140ms
Amsterdam 145 to 150
Frankfurt 155 to 160
Belgium 180
Bahrain 140 odd

Frankfurt, Bahrain and Belgium are out of their network it is handled by Amazon and Google so should be standard for all ISPs.

CISP also provide a UK VPN which drops the Belgium ping to 155ms
O and one of the reasons is the VPN as well

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Apex
London 140ms
Amsterdam 145 to 150
Frankfurt 155 to 160
Belgium 180
Bahrain 140 odd

Frankfurt, Bahrain and Belgium are out of their network it is handled by Amazon and Google so should be standard for all ISPs.

Guys are going to think you're an employee, be cool...

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Guys are going to think you're an employee, be cool...
can I get a raise I am not happy with my salary haha

Nah just try help out gamers where possible we at such a disadvantage having to play with high pings.

SFW007

Expert Member
omg so true.......i work from home as well so gaming is a part of life now between zoom meetings.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Apex
London 140ms
Amsterdam 145 to 150
Frankfurt 155 to 160
Belgium 180
Bahrain 140 odd

Why is Belgium GCC so high? Going via JHVB first probably for CPT peeps...

SFW007

Expert Member
can I get a raise I am not happy with my salary haha

Nah just try help out gamers where possible we at such a disadvantage having to play with high pings.
tracert qosping-aws-eu-west-3.ol.epicgames.com
tracert qosping-aws-me-south-1.ol.epicgames.com

grantduke

Urm... Also getting frequent drops now on Frogfoot

Not so bad as on Octotel though. But I was pinging the MAC of the PPPoE server, can definitely say there was a number of timeouts too

1631456134553.png

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Why is Belgium GCC so high? Going via JHVB first probably for CPT peeps...
Goes CT to JHB back down to CT via WACS to Belgium :/ I'm just running exitlag, paid R74 for 30 days, get SAFE capacity and perfect EU routing a good purchase. Can even run other apps like chrome via it too

SFW007

Expert Member
True but with CI's VPN it could be a steady 150ish thanks for testing.

Still willing to take the chance

AquaticAims

Hi @PBCool,
Is there anyway to get around the 30 day notice needed to switch from Octotoel to Openserve? With the Rondebosch PoP being broken for an extended period of time and getting constant disconnects as a result, it has become impossible for me to do my job reliably. Sometimes I disconnect up to 5 times in a 30 minute period.
Hey @PBCool, I was wondering if you could help me with this. I understand you are busy and have to deal with with a lot of annoyances so I am just tagging you again incase you missed the first post. Thank you for your time.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hey @PBCool, I was wondering if you could help me with this. I understand you are busy and have to deal with with a lot of annoyances so I am just tagging you again incase you missed the first post. Thank you for your time.
Apologies I did miss this, absolutely PM me your account detail.

S.Claus

Expert Member
L2TP - High ping to Cloudflare (24ms), low stable ping to MWEB (4ms) with slow download speeds on PSN (90-120Mbps)
PPPoE - Low ping to Cloudflare (4ms), high unstable ping to MWEB (20ms+) with decent download speeds on PSN (360-425Mbps)

It keeps saying I am in Plettenberg Bay Western Cape (well at least that's consistent :ROFL:)

DYreX146

L2TP - High ping to Cloudflare (24ms), low stable ping to MWEB (4ms) with slow download speeds on PSN (90-120Mbps)
PPPoE - Low ping to Cloudflare (4ms), high unstable ping to MWEB (20ms+) with decent download speeds on PSN (360-425Mbps)

It keeps saying I am in Plettenberg Bay Western Cape (well at least that's consistent :ROFL:)
Funny enough I'm finding my traceroutes looking a lot cleaner these days, not perfect but significantly better than they used to be (I hope I don't jinx it).

1631488581211.png

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

You didn't mention there was a variance before, please pop me the examples. Where the Geolocation services pick up your IP actually mean nothing from a routing perspective.

image132

Expert Member
Goes CT to JHB back down to CT via WACS to Belgium :/ I'm just running exitlag, paid R74 for 30 days, get SAFE capacity and perfect EU routing a good purchase. Can even run other apps like chrome via it too

Or when it does CPT to JHB up the east coast then to EU. This type of routing drives me mad in games, its so stupid :ROFL:

S.Claus

Expert Member
You didn't mention there was a variance before, please pop me the examples. Where the Geolocation services pick up your IP actually mean nothing from a routing perspective.
1.1.1.2.png
1.1.1.2-L2TP.png
Not sure how to show you PSN speed tests. Every time I switch between the different PPPoE details it gives me a random latency of 4-12-20ms+ and each service gets its own latency for example the 1.1.1.2 could be 4ms but MWEB is 12ms+

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
View attachment 1146540
View attachment 1146542
Not sure how to show you PSN speed tests. Every time I switch between the different PPPoE details it gives me a random latency of 4-12-20ms+ and each service gets its own latency for example the 1.1.1.2 could be 4ms but MWEB is 12ms+
The variance in the latencies is what I'm looking for, so long as it isn't related to the Openserve network.

Re PSN we can do the same as before, you let me know when you are downloading and I can check the traffic.