Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

grantduke

1631860986876.png

@PBCool Noticing packet loss on individual parts of the traceroute now, with still some full line drops I think

Edit: Has been logged with support: #COOL-20210915-770581

Edit:
1631867948415.png

Edit:
1631869157171.png

Last edited:

Hunted

Same on AH. RD have changed servers. Now one can't change "automatic" to cloudflare anymore, now it seems to be hosted in jhb "JOH1-4" which are really kuk tonight. RD speedtests are all normal. I've sent RD a support request. Maybe all of us should log faults with RD from multiple ISP's so they know the problem is with them.

edit: go to help section, type in buffer and follow from there.
Good Morning,

Just to check, have you got any response from your ticket as yet?

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Good Morning,

Just to check, have you got any response from your ticket as yet?
No none, (I see they have read it) but it's back to normal now, working as it should. Lets see how tonight goes at netflix time (8pm) as that's when it started.

Hunted

No none, (I see they have read it) but it's back to normal now, working as it should. Lets see how tonight goes at netflix time (8pm) as that's when it started.
I ran a test earlier and it buffered again like last night. Will have to do another test.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
I ran a test earlier and it buffered again like last night. Will have to do another test.
I only have a 50mb line, so am only streaming 1080p but watching resourcemonitor all looks good compared to last night:

last night:
1.png

now:
1631871701126.png
1631871915447.png
1631871962252.png

grantduke

@PBCool

Can you kindly advise why there's packet loss on the CISP network? Below screenshot from FTTB line we got with you. And I'm seeing similar packet loss on my home connection as well.

Both links are running via Frogfoot.

1631874134028.png

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

grantduke

Hi have you logged this, the loss is happening on the last mile based on your traces. So we would need to log with FF and have them resolve it.
Yes, I have logged it. Also supplied it in my previous post.

I decided just to reboot my Mikrotik, and it has now connected to a different PPPoE server and so far the line looks better?
1631885299250.png

VS:
1631885354075.png

So there clearly seems to be something up with 154.0.0.242?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yes, I have logged it. Also supplied it in my previous post.

I decided just to reboot my Mikrotik, and it has now connected to a different PPPoE server and so far the line looks better?
View attachment 1149798

VS:
View attachment 1149802

So there clearly seems to be something up with 154.0.0.242?
Those are access routers, so if you see loss between your router and the access router on our side, the FNO is the network between those points.

grantduke

Those are access routers, so if you see loss between your router and the access router on our side, the FNO is the network between those points.
So what happens if those access routers are dropping packets? Surely then it will look the same as the line dropping then not?

georgelza

anyone know if PBCool is still monitored and sneered by Paul or has it been handed down the chain...

a DM does not seem to be responded to anymore and it is now how I know Paul...

G

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
anyone know if PBCool is still monitored and sneered by Paul or has it been handed down the chain...

a DM does not seem to be responded to anymore and it is now how I know Paul...

G
Nah apologies I have been busy with a couple other things this week. So still catching up :(

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So what happens if those access routers are dropping packets? Surely then it will look the same as the line dropping then not?
Well yeah it would but there would be a few thousand customers affected. Also we don't see the loss to those access routers from the core side.

grantduke

Well yeah it would but there would be a few thousand customers affected. Also we don't see the loss to those access routers from the core side.
Understood. I'm just trying to get my facts in order, as I'm not feeling like playing the old tennis game back in the day between Telkom and ISP.

I emailed the property acquisition manager yesterday about the packet loss, and he was able to escalate my Frogfoot ref internally. One of the guys will revert back on Monday with their internal findings. He also mentioned that he'll update you guys (Cool Ideas)

recre8

Understood. I'm just trying to get my facts in order, as I'm not feeling like playing the old tennis game back in the day between Telkom and ISP.

I emailed the property acquisition manager yesterday about the packet loss, and he was able to escalate my Frogfoot ref internally. One of the guys will revert back on Monday with their internal findings. He also mentioned that he'll update you guys (Cool Ideas)
Also noticing some pretty bad packet loss on my side. Frogfoot in Burgundy, CPT.

Attachments

• ping.png
    ping.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 30

georgelza

Nah apologies I have been busy with a couple other things this week. So still catching up :(
this def sounds like a P responding here and not a "skinny" hehehe.
ok, when you have a second, can also switch to email... still got your contact detail from way back.
G

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

If they are business lines then report to the business team, they will manage all of that for you.

Praemon

Expert Member
Anyone else having issues this morning? I'm getting 3Mbps max download when testing from CPT to JHB (200/200 line). If I test to CPT, it's fine. Tried London and New York, and it was okay-ish (around 100). But specifically to JHB, all nodes are barely working, and I'm getting really sluggish responses from JHB based servers.

Edit: I'm on Octotel (Cape Gate)

12053324451.png

Last edited: