Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

TheLostPacket

I'm on OS in 4ways. All clear this side.

Edit:
Actually running like a train - 100/50 and I'm on wifi next to the pool...

Ping: 8ms
Download: 113.93Mbps
Upload: 60.63Mbps
Haha nice bursting happening for you haha you can just about say you are on a 115/60 link

fixx

I am also in Pretoria East area. I have high latency and 3Mbps download (on what should be 100mbs). My upload seems fine, but high latency. Does anyone have some feedback on what's going on?+

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Good Morning,

Just to check, have you got any response from your ticket as yet?
Howzit, I got a reply back yesterday saying they made some changes and to let them know. I see "JOH" is back and so far so good. Just waiting a few days until I reply to make sure.

Toxic T

Expert Member
Fiber has been down since 6pm yesterday evening. Ticket Created #COOL-20210920-772727

I have an exam that I need to do today which is online.

Please can someone assist urgently.

fixx

Yeh it seems to be back to normal now but I rate we will only know for certain in the evening when everyone's at home.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
@PBCool Anything new in regards to Octotel throughput issues between CPT -> JHB?

I contacted them via Twitter a little while ago and they responded and said they'd be in touch, unsurprisingly they haven't been in touch.

1632130480152.png

Kilerhotdog

The issue from Yesterday seems to be resolved, was quite nice after making the support ticket to get a call from Cool Ideas that my issue has been escalated to openserve. A few hours later openserve phoned me to see if my issue still persists and today both cool ideas and openserve phoned me to make sure my internet is back to normal.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool Anything new in regards to Octotel throughput issues between CPT -> JHB?

I contacted them via Twitter a little while ago and they responded and said they'd be in touch, unsurprisingly they haven't been in touch.

View attachment 1151004
On your packet loss issue? I know the one cpt path was lossy at some point. I would need to confirm, but packet loss is your biggest problem.

Has it been any better since we last discussed?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
On your packet loss issue? I know the one cpt path was lossy at some point. I would need to confirm, but packet loss is your biggest problem.

Has it been any better since we last discussed?

Could we figure out if this is affecting every gigabit Octotel user or just a subset? There is anecdotal evidence that I'm not alone here: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/1gbps-fibre-what-speeds-do-you-get.1150222/post-27882624

And if we do find some other users affected can you submit this list to Octotel so they can investigate each one?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Could we figure out if this is affecting every gigabit Octotel user or just a subset? There is anecdotal evidence that I'm not alone here: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/1gbps-fibre-what-speeds-do-you-get.1150222/post-27882624

And if we do find some other users affected can you submit this list to Octotel so they can investigate each one?
The evidence is all packet loss, there aren't dedicated subnets to 1Gbps services. It is of prominent due to the amount of throughput with 1Gbps services.

What was the last response to your ticket?

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
The evidence is all packet loss, there aren't dedicated subnets to 1Gbps services. It is of prominent due to the amount of throughput with 1Gbps services.

What was the last response to your ticket?

This appears to only be an Octotel issue, why is there so much packet loss on their network that it causes such detrimental effects to a server in the same country? I find it stupid that I have faster downloads from servers on different continents than I do from ones in Joburg.

I don't think there was any official ticket, it's just been DMs with you and Rodent but nothing has come of it so far.