Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

S.Claus

Expert Member
We tried some caching strategies a few years ago and they just created more pain than good. We may revisit it at some point for blizzard only.
I don't think it's worth it when only a small group benefits and it might cause problems for the majority. In the perfect world, everyone is on CISP and we can all download the update and start playing but in reality, we still have to wait for others to finish their downloads so there's no real benefit (local Warzone is dead for three hours after an update on average)

Last edited:

DeatheCore

Is there any spikes on your graphs for traffic from CT to JHB?

Last night and now just had a massive 100% packet loss to JHB Dota 2 servers ping shot to over 300 and packet loss was 100%
Also experienced a couple drops between CPT and JHB occasionally, this was from earlier:
1613912179557.png

Applebag

Having more frequent disconnects recently, normally the connection would restore quickly - but now it is not.

Hoping someone can look into it (#COOL-20210219-617253).

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yes we did see some flaps on one of the NLDs, so the periods of loss is when traffic reroutes. We will disable the route if it doesn't stabilise.
"power issue at Kimberly, more details will shared once analysis is completed" been stable since 15:00

leppie

Another random Octotel disconnection... at around 11:03AM ...

Now to spend 30 minutes updating Firewalls because I got a new IP....

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
If you have both, can it be activated in the same day?

I really want to get off this crappy LTE...
It really depends on the state of the installation, PM me a VT- object number and address and I can try to check.