Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

PURE

Anybody else’s internet just die vumatel in Northcliff
If i run mtr to 8.8.8.8 it only goes as far as 154.0.3.101 and then dies

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Looks widespread from the Twitter reports.

Also down here in Weltevredenpark (Vumatel trenched).

RiNCEw1ND

Vumatel - Atlasville, Boksburg also down.

Green and orange light on CPE on, blue is blinking. Router internet light is orange.

Brakanjan

I am currently on a Vumatel 100mb/100mb fibre package with CISP @ R1099 per month. I have a new employer abroad and they require me to have a static IP (can't use any dynamic dns due to client company policies - it is for access to client networks as well as to the employer network, VPN is too slow).

Is there any way in getting a static IP on CISP without moving to business fibre? Business fibre will be in excess of R4000+ for my speed and it is unnecessary as no SLA is needed, it is just the one static IP that I need. I don't mind paying more for the static IP but a 300% package increase to get it is too much (I am paying the costs for this). If anyone can guide me please if there are any options on CISP? If not I will be forced to change providers to another ISP who do provide it, looks like Axxess does it for R39 per month per static IP on their home fibre packages. But it would be a shame to leave CISP just over this as I have been extremely happy so far and I think they are the best, the static IP is just going to become an issue and dealbreaker for my employer now and it is outside of my control.

FTTH-VUMA-AERIAL-100/100Mbps

@PBCool @TheRoDent any chance that CISP can try and assist me in any way possible? If no other options then it's okay, atleast I asked :)

labratza

Expert Member
My IP has
I am currently on a Vumatel 100mb/100mb fibre package with CISP @ R1099 per month. I have a new employer abroad and they require me to have a static IP (can't use any dynamic dns due to client company policies - it is for access to client networks as well as to the employer network, VPN is too slow).

Is there any way in getting a static IP on CISP without moving to business fibre? Business fibre will be in excess of R4000+ for my speed and it is unnecessary as no SLA is needed, it is just the one static IP that I need. I don't mind paying more for the static IP but a 300% package increase to get it is too much (I am paying the costs for this). If anyone can guide me please if there are any options on CISP? If not I will be forced to change providers to another ISP who do provide it, looks like Axxess does it for R39 per month per static IP on their home fibre packages. But it would be a shame to leave CISP just over this as I have been extremely happy so far and I think they are the best, the static IP is just going to become an issue and dealbreaker for my employer now and it is outside of my control.

@PBCool @TheRoDent any chance that CISP can try and assist me in any way possible? If no other options then it's okay, atleast I asked :)

My IP with Cool Ideas has been the same since install last year this time. If on Active Ethernet(Trenched) then it very very very seldom that your IP will change

furpile

Expert Member

I am pretty sure it is possible. Scroll back a few pages, I think PBCool replied to somebody else recently.