Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
After a month of struggling with constant, daily micro bursts of packet loss on my connection, and being bounced around between
Cool Ideas and Vumatel, I am still no closer to a resolution. Each party has been blaming the other, leaving me as the paying customer in the middle.

To add insult to injury, someone at Cool Ideas decided to cancel by fibre line at 5am this morning.
When I called support this morning, they themselves could not get hold of the Connect department - no Vumatel ISP reference number was able
to be given, since the issue originated at Cool Ideas. I was also told my line would be up and running by 3pm today, I'm still offline.

Support has really dropped the ball on this, and especially over a weekend, , without any remediation steps in place to rectify the situation.

This is totally unacceptable , and I hope @PBCool and @TheRoDent can look into this , CISP's support has taken steps to be better than they used to be , but having staff that cannot resolve above average technical problems is a major downfall.

I've been really happy with the performance of my line, but between the miscommunication and lack of feedback , I don't think I can remain a CISP customer for much longer.
Hi, apologies for your frustrations thus far. Can you give me any support ref relative to your issue?

We wouldn't be cancelling random lines so this is currently down to Vumatel doing their location cleanup :(

Krazee

Hi, apologies for your frustrations thus far. Can you give me any support ref relative to your issue?

We wouldn't be cancelling random lines so this is currently down to Vumatel doing their location cleanup :(
Hi, these are the support references

COOL-20211016-792767 - Line cancellation

COOL-20210908-766316 - Packet loss issue

Armizael

Thanks guys. Have lots of buffering and chat doesnt connect.
Default dns? Saw someone else complaining about poor Twitch performance and they were using google or cloudflare as dns - changing to default dns fixed it.

Radioboy

Default dns? Saw someone else complaining about poor Twitch performance and they were using google or cloudflare as dns - changing to default dns fixed it.
I assume it's default considering I have virtually no idea what you just said.

leppie

3rd Octotel 'disconnect' in the last 4 hours. I call it 'disconnect' as the line just goes dead for 5-7 minutes. Then PPPoE recovers (note PPPoE didnt disconnect) and I get to keep my IP. The alternative is to manually reconnect and have working internet instantly, but then I risk losing my IP.

@PBCool

#COOL-20210827-757633​

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi, these are the support references

COOL-20211016-792767 - Line cancellation

COOL-20210908-766316 - Packet loss issue
So Vumatel cancelled your line incorrectly as mentioned, they are on a drive to "cleanup" their database. And in the process seem to just cancel random lines.

Krazee

So Vumatel cancelled your line incorrectly as mentioned, they are on a drive to "cleanup" their database. And in the process seem to just cancel random lines.
Thanks for finding out what happened. I'm back up and running , but the microbursts of loss are still here , its been over 40+days that I've had to deal with this , is there something else CISP can do , other than pressing the FNO? , like maybe one of those SD-WAN devices to gather more evidence or somewhere I can submit my mountain of logs.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thanks for finding out what happened. I'm back up and running , but the microbursts of loss are still here , its been over 40+days that I've had to deal with this , is there something else CISP can do , other than pressing the FNO? , like maybe one of those SD-WAN devices to gather more evidence or somewhere I can submit my mountain of logs.
Yes will get on that next.

Phinix

Expert Member
In regards to VoIP - and I don't know if this is CI or just a messed up SA system - but the fact that left over balance is NOT carried over month to month, is the biggest scam I have come across.

This service literally steals your money. Alternately it is a great system if you want to launder money.

Why is a service like VoIP that is using my fiber line and my data still being run as if it is a cell network?

Tinuva

The Magician
In regards to VoIP - and I don't know if this is CI or just a messed up SA system - but the fact that left over balance is NOT carried over month to month, is the biggest scam I have come across.

This service literally steals your money. Alternately it is a great system if you want to launder money.

Why is a service like VoIP that is using my fiber line and my data still being run as if it is a cell network?
Freshlhone.co.za then your prepaid only go away if you use it. R0 month to month. Only top up what you need to make calls. A bit of DIY but works great and I have had only solid working product. Though they do not really do support, as it is diy.

Also, if you move isp, no changes needed on your voip config. Biggest reason I don't use isp voip.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

Left over balance? It should be per second billing.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Freshlhone.co.za then your prepaid only go away if you use it. R0 month to month. Only top up what you need to make calls. A bit of DIY but works great and I have had only solid working product. Though they do not really do support, as it is diy.

Also, if you move isp, no changes needed on your voip config. Biggest reason I don't use isp voip.
Our voip services work on all networks as well.

grantduke

Code:
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Jitter    Lost/Total Datagrams
[  5]   0.00-30.05  sec  71.6 MBytes  20.0 Mbits/sec  0.000 ms  0/52091 (0%)  sender
[  5]   0.00-30.00  sec  60.3 MBytes  16.9 Mbits/sec  0.109 ms  8200/52085 (16%)  receiver

iperf Done.

Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.5.1 -    0 |   35 |   35 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |
|                             154.0.0.246 -   32 |   16 |   11 |    3 |    3 |    5 |    3 |
|                              100.98.0.3 -   14 |   23 |   20 |    2 |    3 |    5 |    2 |
|                             100.99.0.33 -    9 |   23 |   21 |   19 |   19 |   21 |   20 |
|                            100.99.1.250 -   15 |   21 |   18 |   19 |   19 |   21 |   19 |
|                            196.60.9.113 -   14 |   23 |   20 |   19 |   20 |   23 |   20 |
|                          172.253.65.181 -   14 |   23 |   20 |   20 |   20 |   22 |   20 |
|                            172.253.66.3 -   13 |   24 |   21 |   19 |   20 |   22 |   20 |
|                                 8.8.8.8 -   20 |   20 |   16 |   18 |   19 |   21 |   19 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Anyone else getting like insane amount of packetloss on Frogfoot? Frogfoot actually replaced my ONT today, due to on going packet loss, and it's just down further down the drain

Edit: Logs from Mikrotik
1634576652619.png

Edit: Speed Test
12202378593.png

Last edited:

kombi-man

Yep. right now in Parklands.. I am 50 down and 50 up, but down is just whack!

Attachments

• ffootparklands.JPG
    ffootparklands.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 23