Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
KZN NLD is dying again. Any ETA on the changes that were supposed to happen?

View attachment 1175022
Thanks the team is checking, the coastal route went live on Friday and had its first break yesterday. So we haven't put it into production as yet.

Update: Paths have been swapped let me know if it improves.

Good news is coastal path will give KZN the same international latency as JHB.

Last edited:

DYreX146

Thanks the team is checking, the coastal route went live on Friday and had its first break yesterday. So we haven't put it into production as yet.

Update: Paths have been swapped let me know if it improves.

Good news is coastal path will give KZN the same international latency as JHB.
That's really great news, can't wait until it goes live. It's looking much better so far, I just wish Openserve would fix my latency so that it's this low all the time:

1635233233611.png

FrankyF

Expert Member
Also down.

Gordon's Bay, Frogfoot.

Can't seem to find any outage notices on either CI or FF websites.

#COOL-20211026-799510

@PBCool @TheRoDent

Last edited:

kombi-man

Why oh WHY can't Cool ideas etc install their OWN fkkn Fibre! Why do we HAVE to sh!tz off with this CR@PPY fkkn FF kak that is fibre to the home! JEEEZ this PI$$ES me off no end!

grantduke

FTTB Line at the office also died. DFA is due to come for a visit on Friday to look at why the link is flapping:

1635276474231.png
1635276496113.png

grantduke

Why oh WHY can't Cool ideas etc install their OWN fkkn Fibre! Why do we HAVE to sh!tz off with this CR@PPY fkkn FF kak that is fibre to the home! JEEEZ this PI$$ES me off no end!
Affecting Fibre to the Business as well. And FTTB isn't just a small fee each month. So yeah, really not happy with Frogfoot, and considering looking at alternatives after our two year contract is over. Or certainly a move away from DFA/Frogfoot for that matter. Can't fault Cool Ideas' performance. It's just super annoying that DFA/Frogfoot isn't playing ball