Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Internet down since I checked just after 5. CPT Zone 5 vumatel.
Think it was still a problem since power came back on last night.
I'm I'm Table View and when loadshedding kicked in last night night at 10, Internet died for about 15 minutes even though I have a ups. Things are probably struggling with stage 4

furpile

Expert Member
The KZN-CPT Coastal route is currently in production on the national level, we are turning up vlans to London then will shift traffic that way, you may already actually see some load balancing on the international side of things between JHB and CPT.
Hi. Is this related to the change? Seems from about 13:30 yesterday something weird is happening. Top graph is queen.cisp.co.za and the bottom is google.com. After loadshedding ping to queen.cisp was about 175ms, then it went up a little bit. However, the google trace went from the normal sub 20ms to 220ms.
1635402741295.png

Here is a current pingplotter to google.co.za:
1635402790518.png

furpile

Expert Member
Had a quick power failure, although fibre stays on with a UPS. But now the ping to Google is down to 55ms.
1635411393822.png

Red line was me testing the VPN connection.

grantduke

@CoolChick @PBCool @TheRoDent

So how long does it normally take Frogfoot to sort out line issues? I'm really considering just paying the damn clawback fee, and moving off from Frogfoot as I've had consistent issues from day 1.

#COOL-20210915-770581 < Opened on 15/09/2021 3:20 PM (6 weeks already) and yet, today I'm still having issues whereby my line drops:

1635425071812.png

The performance of Cool Ideas - speed, ping, jitter, etc has been flawless, but Frogfoot has just dropped the ball and just doesn't seem like they really care about doing anything. The last comment on the ticket was that they might need to re-do the dome joint. And then got another update from Mdu, saying the following:
Staff - 27/10/2021 12:09 PM

Hi Grant,

I hope you are keeping well.

Kindly take a note of the update we have just received from the FNO Frogfoot.

Code:
Good Morning Tayla/Samantha/Mdu
The urgency of the outstanding faults has been discussed internally and our Escalations Supervisor will share a summarized breakdown of all tickets in this forum by 12PM including current status, next action and ETA/ETR.
Kind regards,

We will continue to keep an eye on this.

Humblest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Mdu | Cool Ideas | Escalations Analyst
010-593-2665 | support@coolideas.co.za

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@CoolChick @PBCool @TheRoDent

So how long does it normally take Frogfoot to sort out line issues? I'm really considering just paying the damn clawback fee, and moving off from Frogfoot as I've had consistent issues from day 1.

#COOL-20210915-770581 < Opened on 15/09/2021 3:20 PM (6 weeks already) and yet, today I'm still having issues whereby my line drops:

View attachment 1176894

The performance of Cool Ideas - speed, ping, jitter, etc has been flawless, but Frogfoot has just dropped the ball and just doesn't seem like they really care about doing anything. The last comment on the ticket was that they might need to re-do the dome joint. And then got another update from Mdu, saying the following:
I have spoken to the team and we will make a plan to move you over to Openserve and waive the clawback if you're happy with that?

grantduke

I have spoken to the team and we will make a plan to move you over to Openserve and waive the clawback if you're happy with that?
Tayla did phone me and provided me with some feedback that Frogfoot came back with. That being that my line is dropping/disconnecting because I'm "over-utilizing" my line.

A lady from your connect team did give me a phone call, and she'll reach out to Openserve to see if they can connect me up. But sure as hell would be happy to leave Frogfoot for Openserve :giggle:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Tayla did phone me and provided me with some feedback that Frogfoot came back with. That being that my line is dropping/disconnecting because I'm "over-utilizing" my line.

A lady from your connect team did give me a phone call, and she'll reach out to Openserve to see if they can connect me up. But sure as hell would be happy to leave Frogfoot for Openserve :giggle:
Yeah that's nonsense from FF.

StoneCold

Expert Member

Believe me, you won't regret switching over to Openserve fibre. Pure internet bliss, all day, every day :D

CrypticZA

Expert Member

Openserve has been solid in the area, I had it for 2 years then moved to Vumatel as it was cheaper at the time and since then there has only been 1 major outage which was yesterday, majority of the area was out but seemed to be loadshedding related

grantduke

Believe me, you won't regret switching over to Openserve fibre. Pure internet bliss, all day, every day :D
Oh no, I believe you. Actually have two locations with Cool Ideas. One in George (Openserve) and here in Cape Town (Frogfoot) and the openserve line has been rock solid minus 1 or 2 very minor issues.
Openserve has been solid in the area, I had it for 2 years then moved to Vumatel as it was cheaper at the time and since then there has only been 1 major outage which was yesterday, majority of the area was out but seemed to be loadshedding related
Glad to hear. Just now need to challenge Frogfoot on the legal front I guess, and I'm willing to all the way. As the apartment block was recently connected, and to my surprise, the owner of the block (No body corporate) signed a 10 year exclusivity agreement, but there is room to play:

Point 6.8.1 - And like I've followed all avenues. Frogfoot has replaced the ONT, and yet problems persist.

1635435370119.png

grantduke

You guys should post their feedback here verbatim so the public can see what lies they peddle.
Agreed! But I'm not sure if we're allowed to name and shame to that extend though? But like super happy to screenshot the response if allowed

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Agreed! But I'm not sure if we're allowed to name and shame to that extend though? But like super happy to screenshot the response if allowed
I am not a lawyer, but as a consumer you can probably do that, it's called freedom of expression.

I'd love to share some of the crap we get from FNO'S in public but as a company we are tied into certain agreements.

grantduke

I am not a lawyer, but as a consumer you can probably do that, it's called freedom of expression.

I'd love to share some of the crap we get from FNO'S in public but as a company we are tied into certain agreements.
Let's make this public then:

1635484713494.png

And in my response to Tayla, to help Cool Ideas state their dispute with Frogfoot, here is my utilization of my line, which was also provided to Cool Ideas via my current ticket.

Daily:
1635484788104.png

Weekly:
1635484803636.png

MDE

Expert Member
Let's make this public then:

View attachment 1177362

And in my response to Tayla, to help Cool Ideas state their dispute with Frogfoot, here is my utilization of my line, which was also provided to Cool Ideas via my current ticket.

Daily:
View attachment 1177366

Weekly:
View attachment 1177368
Does Frogfoot do GPON, maybe they refering to over utilisation of the main fibre from the block?

PS. I'm in no way defending any FNO as ive had my fair share of crap from a certain company. Just trying to get the bigger picture to understand

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Does Frogfoot do GPON, maybe they refering to over utilisation of the main fibre from the block?

PS. I'm in no way defending any FNO as ive had my fair share of crap from a certain company. Just trying to get the bigger picture to understand
Typically not, if there was over utilisation on that PON card/port it's their responsibility to resolve. So we would then typically get feedback on what they would do to resolve vs the response we got.

Seeyou

Expert Member
Does CISP have a Looking Glass to view latencies/traces to various destinations?

image132

Expert Member
Typically not, if there was over utilisation on that PON card/port it's their responsibility to resolve. So we would then typically get feedback on what they would do to resolve vs the response we got.

How exactly does one over utilize their line? He pays for it, if he wants to 100% his download and upload 24/7 surely that's his choice or am I not understanding what over utilize means here?

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
How exactly does one over utilize their line? He pays for it, if he wants to 100% his download and upload 24/7 surely that's his choice or am I not understanding what over utilize means here?
I think what he meant is that area has say 10Gbps that gets shared between between say 150 people all with 100Mbps lines so when everyone is using the internet at the same time it's over utilized.

So they need to upgrade to maybe 100Gbps for that area.