Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

maniac6911

Can't connect on my Coolideas account on OpenServe from PE. Can connect on an Axxess account on the same line, cannot access the coolideas website on that connection or my phone. Any issues that we should be aware of?

Nemanjas Bullet

Hi,

For some reason I can't seem to get onto the support website. I'm getting authentication failure errors since my power came back on. I haven't changed any settings to cause this. Is there someone I can call about this?

kilo

Can't connect on my Coolideas account on OpenServe from PE. Can connect on an Axxess account on the same line, cannot access the coolideas website on that connection or my phone. Any issues that we should be aware of?
Yeah i also can't get a connection from PE, tried connecting to the website but bombing out, phoned but nothing going through.

Samayanaya

No internets in PTA, Garsfontein. I also cannot access their site? Should have added on Openserve with CISP. The phone lines to CISP is just ringing...

Last edited:

CrypticZA

Expert Member
I think sea of thieves has a high buffer and/or bad servers. Friend of mine in Norway gets 70-90 to the servers and I get 240-260, all on EU. Idk if the VPN would work but the servers on that game need some TLC.
Some games add buffers to latency, so for example Overwatch adds 10ms extra to pings to ensure the game runs smoother, it could be SOT has a build in ping buffer as well to make things run smooth. Best test would be to ping the server to see your true ping, in Overwatch case you would get 149 via a ping test

MattRoy

Same is happening for me. Openserve Cape Town.

image132

Expert Member
Some games add buffers to latency, so for example Overwatch adds 10ms extra to pings to ensure the game runs smoother, it could be SOT has a build in ping buffer as well to make things run smooth. Best test would be to ping the server to see your true ping, in Overwatch case you would get 149 via a ping test

Any suggestion for how I find the IP of the server?

I've tried resource monitor but it just gives me a bunch of ips that are local or one amazon server in the US that gives me 270+ ping.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Any suggestion for how I find the IP of the server?

I've tried resource monitor but it just gives me a bunch of ips that are local or one amazon server in the US that gives me 270+ ping.
So with a little Google i found SoT is hosted on Azure servers so it will use Microsoft transit

1635522864945.png
Here are the latencies for that via an online test.

To Amsterdam

13.81.221.0.png

So more than likely if you sitting on 180 odd you getting a Frankfurt/Norway/Switzerland server.

My best bet would be its a Frankfurt server and 190 to Frankfurt is the same route we had with AWS...

13.104.144.96.png

CrypticZA

Expert Member
So with a little Google i found SoT is hosted on Azure servers so it will use Microsoft transit

View attachment 1178060
Here are the latencies for that via an online test.

To Amsterdam

View attachment 1178062

So more than likely if you sitting on 180 odd you getting a Frankfurt/Norway/Switzerland server.

My best bet would be its a Frankfurt server and 190 to Frankfurt is the same route we had with AWS...

View attachment 1178064
1635523287324.png
Pings via CISP VPN, they will be slightly inflated since its doing a ping test via browser

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Hi,

For some reason I can't seem to get onto the support website. I'm getting authentication failure errors since my power came back on. I haven't changed any settings to cause this. Is there someone I can call about this?
Should be resolved now.