Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

DYreX146

Really gotta love Openserve's network, will this ever get fixed or do I just have to live with it? Been almost 8 months now.

1635965881853.png

DYreX146

I don't believe so, this is the inherent design of their network unfortunately MPLS across their respective paths.
Weird that my Durban latency always used to be consistently 3ms until March this year, now it can be anywhere up to 15ms. Even on ADSL I used to get 7ms to Durban.

Anyway I'll most likely be moving to an area that has Vuma Villages in the next few months, hopefully it will be a more consistent experience than Openserve has been recently.

CoolChick

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
Hi @PBCool

Is there any delays you are aware off for upgrading ones line? My friend @stormiezzz says he upgraded on the 26th last month, but there is still nothing. He is trenched and with VUMA. Can't remember it taking so slow. He also lodged a ticked and still no luck. He even paid for the difference for the end of the month, but still nothing.

#COOL-20211027-800371

Hi there. We are attending to this ASAP.

CoolChick

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
Hi there. We are attending to this ASAP.

Hi @PBCool

Is there any delays you are aware off for upgrading ones line? My friend @stormiezzz says he upgraded on the 26th last month, but there is still nothing. He is trenched and with VUMA. Can't remember it taking so slow. He also lodged a ticked and still no luck. He even paid for the difference for the end of the month, but still nothing.

#COOL-20211027-800371
We believe this has been sorted.

S.Claus

Expert Member
Weird that my Durban latency always used to be consistently 3ms until March this year, now it can be anywhere up to 15ms. Even on ADSL I used to get 7ms to Durban.

Anyway I'll most likely be moving to an area that has Vuma Villages in the next few months, hopefully it will be a more consistent experience than Openserve has been recently.
I have given up with the whole issue. Went all the way from the bottom to the top of the chain and nobody can solve the problem so I ended up getting MFN (would love to have Vumatel trenched).

There’s at least 6 variables that affect how a game performs so a extra 7ms is irrelevant (frustrating sure)

DYreX146

I have given up with the whole issue. Went all the way from the bottom to the top of the chain and nobody can solve the problem so I ended up getting MFN (would love to have Vumatel trenched).

There’s at least 6 variables that affect how a game performs so a extra 7ms is irrelevant (frustrating sure)
Luckily I don't play competitive games anymore, otherwise I would be a lot more vocal about it.

It's just something doesn't sit right with me that I get higher latency to JHB than people in CPT, even though I'm 1/3rd the distance. Also having an extra 7ms on top of KZN international latency means I get 180ms to London most days, really not fun.

grantduke

So update on the Frogfoot saga:

1636093500947.png

Above screenshot was provided by Cool Ideas support staff. And is from Frogfoot. So aparently, my line can somehow burst to almost 70 Mbps (down and up), yet in each and every speed test I have ever run, it's never been that high. So for an aparent over uitlization of my line, Frogfoot is now effectively shifting the blame onto me for the line dying for seconds at a time.

So now the all important question: Am I really at fault here for using the internet I pay for or is this just bad network design from Frogfoot side?

Hi Grant,

I hope you are keeping well.

Kindly note that Frogfoot has completed all the required perusal. According to their finding they discovered an over utilization on the line. see below.

Screenshot above (edited to remove some info)

Should you require any further technical-related assistance, do not hesitate to revert to us, we will be sure to assist.

Humblest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Mdu | Cool Ideas | Escalations Analyst
010-593-2665 | support@coolideas.co.za

eddief1

Expert Member

Above screenshot was provided by Cool Ideas support staff. And is from Frogfoot. So aparently, my line can somehow burst to almost 70 Mbps (down and up), yet in each and every speed test I have ever run, it's never been that high. So for an aparent over uitlization of my line, Frogfoot is now effectively shifting the blame onto me for the line dying for seconds at a time.

So now the all important question: Am I really at fault here for using the internet I pay for or is this just bad network design from Frogfoot side?
@PBCool broadcast storm on FF considering he is 30/30?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

View attachment 1181968

I have escalated again that isn't an acceptable answer.

smokemaryjane

@PBCool @TheRoDent

Can someone please explain this to me:

#COOL-20211105-806950 - Cancellation_#COOL-20211104-805991​

How is this even associated to my account? when i never requested it.