Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

grantduke

I believe the default on PPP servers is 10 seconds. FF seems to have ongoing issues with their network in general, but this has been limited to Johannesburg supposedly. Have you logged this as yet?
Yup, a ticket was opened on the 15th of September and has been ongoing since.

Frogfoot has also shifted the blame back to me for over utilizing my line (70Mbps on 30Mbps). The support team has now asked to do a router swap - which I've done now as I already have a Tenda router which I use just as an AP and an RB2011 Mikrotik for networking and PPPoE dial up.

But have now swapped the dial-up part to the Tenda router, and will see if there are any drops tomorrow

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yup, a ticket was opened on the 15th of September and has been ongoing since.

Frogfoot has also shifted the blame back to me for over utilizing my line (70Mbps on 30Mbps). The support team has now asked to do a router swap - which I've done now as I already have a Tenda router which I use just as an AP and an RB2011 Mikrotik for networking and PPPoE dial up.

But have now swapped the dial-up part to the Tenda router, and will see if there are any drops tomorrow
Let me follow up again, FF are blaming DFA and capacity related issues in JHB. Let me see where this ticket is.

Apologies for the ongoing delays, that's crazy.

grantduke

Let me follow up again, FF are blaming DFA and capacity related issues in JHB. Let me see where this ticket is.

Apologies for the ongoing delays, that's crazy.
I understand that all ISP are at the mercy of the FNO's and like I've said this before and I'll say it again. I can't fault Cool Ideas' performance when everything works. Always excellent ping and pretty much always full speed

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
COOL-20211118-816440
If this is for Vumatel Reach then we were told it was restored a little while ago (today), but let me have the team follow up.

Edit:
Feedback I have is as follows:

"Fibre repairs completed Technicians will continue testing links that are still down in the morning"

Last edited:

WingIt

No recovery though... Internet still down rebooted the CPE... As well... Router connects and obtains IP and DNS from the network but no connectivity (internet access)

Last edited:

Tinuva

The Magician
No recovery though... Internet still down rebooted the CPE... As well... Router connects and obtains IP and DNS from the network but no connectivity
What is your IP address if you have no connectivity?
Also, what does a traceroute to 1.1.1.1 show?