Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Sorry was meant to be accusatory, tone was a bit off.
It just feels like i'm being throttled based on the speedtest. torrent wont go over 1mb, and both up and down speeds are same.
View attachment 1197214
My friend in Bellville was really struggling with his Vumatel line last night as well, we couldn't couldn't play Dota 2 together which is a local server game so assume issue in the area

jannier

Expert Member
Sorry was meant to be accusatory, tone was a bit off.
It just feels like i'm being throttled based on the speedtest. torrent wont go over 1mb, and both up and down speeds are same.
View attachment 1197214

look at the jitter on the line.
It seems you have issues with your fibre, best to submit a ticket with all these results + do iPerf test, details stickied in the main CISP thread. https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/how-to-do-iperf-tests.1140605/

For reference.

1637390670106.png

Enzo Matrix

Honorary Master
Outage Update: Vumatel GPON Fibre Services. Honeydew Ridge. Customers may experience problems with no connectivity. Fault is linked to a fibre break due to vandalism. Vumatel engineers are onsite attending. Further feedback to follow.

lambch0p

Hi, was just curious..

We've had the ONT device installed by MetroFibre yesterday (Friday).

Is it possible to use another router, while waiting for the CI router to be shipped and delivered?

Can't wait to get online. Thanks kindly :)

furpile

Expert Member
Hi, was just curious..

We've had the ONT device installed by MetroFibre yesterday (Friday).

Is it possible to use another router, while waiting for the CI router to be shipped and delivered?

Can't wait to get online. Thanks kindly :)
Phone CI support, it depends on the network. If they can give you the login details you can use any router. But the line may still need to be activated on CI side.

lambch0p

Phone CI support, it depends on the network. If they can give you the login details you can use any router. But the line may still need to be activated on CI side.
Tried calling, but seems to be outside of operations hours unfortunately.

Ah okay, was thinking that might be the case as well. No worries. Thanks for your response :giggle:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Tried calling, but seems to be outside of operations hours unfortunately.

Ah okay, was thinking that might be the case as well. No worries. Thanks for your response :giggle:
Support is open until 3PM

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
My internet was completely borked for a bit (massive packet loss) - rebooted the CPE and now it's fine again. Weird.

furpile

Expert Member
Typically yes it does or an issue at the VC pop.
This morning a support agent said there is a KZN outage on the announcements, but I see it is for Vumatel and not Vodacom. Are they connected? That announcement has no ETR yet and the line is still down. Do you know if Vodacom is looking at this or is it going to wait till Monday?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
This morning a support agent said there is a KZN outage on the announcements, but I see it is for Vumatel and not Vodacom. Are they connected? That announcement has no ETR yet and the line is still down. Do you know if Vodacom is looking at this or is it going to wait till Monday?
I will follow up and see, VC typically don't provide timely communication on outages.