Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

furpile

Expert Member
Thanks this was logged with VC, unfortunately we just need to be patient for now.
Line still down, day 4 now. Phoned support yesterday, apparently Vodacom handed it over to Nokia to see if the ONT is faulty. Hoping for an answer today.

grantduke

Y

Yes - Sunningdale, Frog foot and having same issue.
Today has been exceptionally bad. Should have just trusted my gut when Frogfoot signed up the complex, and then Openserve was here within the same week. And their property acquisition manager told me to just hang tight they will get the build up and running very soon. And that they haven't been crowned the best FNO for no reason

tardomatic

Today has been exceptionally bad. Should have just trusted my gut when Frogfoot signed up the complex, and then Openserve was here within the same week. And their property acquisition manager told me to just hang tight they will get the build up and running very soon. And that they haven't been crowned the best FNO for no reason
Yep, same here - been dropped off more than one teams call this afternoon :(

grantduke

@PBCool Can you log with Frogfoot NOC?

Seeing on Afrihost thread also complaints about Frogfoot lines

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bitrate Jitter Lost/Total Datagrams
[ 5] 0.00-30.05 sec 35.8 MBytes 10.0 Mbits/sec 0.000 ms 0/26043 (0%) sender
[SUM] 0.0-30.0 sec 11 datagrams received out-of-order
[ 5] 0.00-30.00 sec 29.6 MBytes 8.26 Mbits/sec 0.228 ms 4523/26042 (17%) receiver

b7d13df7-641c-4e5a-9721-e9491ff319f9.png

1637693643744.png

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Dear Frogfoot Customer,
Please be advised of the following network outage:

Outage ReferenceFRG1654985Outage TitleOutage | CPT | Cape Town | Partial | Degraded ServicesRegionCape TownAreaRondebosch, Rondebosch-2, Cape Town CBD, Bellville, Pinelands, Montague Gardens, Matroosfontein, Wynberg, Goodwood, Delft, Hout Bay, Blouberg, Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Paarl, Atlantis, Port Elizabeth

Seems they are aware.

Skowt

Has anyone experienced issues the last say week on Octotel? Seems like intermittent packet loss on both local gaming servers (COD:MW, BF2042) and on international sites.

Hard to nail it down but curious to see if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

Savy561

@PBCool looking to move to cool ideas on vumatel soon but have 2 quick questions first. I see on your website you charge a full R999 migration fee, did this not used to be free when moving ISP'S?

If I applied for a brand new installation and take the 12 month free installation option, what will happen if I move during the 12 month period as I am planning to move in March but the new property will be vumatel as well so the same FNO I am currently on.

Seeyou

Expert Member
Has anyone experienced issues the last say week on Octotel? Seems like intermittent packet loss on both local gaming servers (COD:MW, BF2042) and on international sites.

Hard to nail it down but curious to see if anyone else is seeing the same thing.

A week without packet loss on Octotel would be news.

BrendanMc

Expert Member

#COOL-20211023-797526​

Still having issues on my line. Have submitted the test results to the support guys as requested, with the last one being sent this morning. It's really very frustrating.
Telkom have been working in our area the last few weeks, so not sure if its related to them, I think they are running their own fibre, but cant be sure.

This is Vuma Trenched Bothasig Northern Suburbs Cape Town

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
@PBCool looking to move to cool ideas on vumatel soon but have 2 quick questions first. I see on your website you charge a full R999 migration fee, did this not used to be free when moving ISP'S?

If I applied for a brand new installation and take the 12 month free installation option, what will happen if I move during the 12 month period as I am planning to move in March but the new property will be vumatel as well so the same FNO I am currently on.

The free installation applies to new customers, and if you relocate or cancel within the 12 month window a prorata clawback fee will be charged.

The R999 option has no strings attached.

Savy561

The free installation applies to new customers, and if you relocate or cancel within the 12 month window a prorata clawback fee will be charged.

The R999 option has no strings attached.
Thanks for the info:thumbsup:

furpile

Expert Member
Line still down, day 4 now. Phoned support yesterday, apparently Vodacom handed it over to Nokia to see if the ONT is faulty. Hoping for an answer today.
So on day 6 the Vodacom technician finally showed up, and they fixed it in an hour (including waiting half an hour for the rain to pass). The line was damaged in the connection box one house down the street, they said it looks like somebody drove over the box. They spliced the line and said they will have to replace the box later. At least my internet is working again.

Phinix

Expert Member
So this is a thing that still happens to me daily, and randomly.
The net dies from the international side, as you can see by the packet loss.

Tends to last a couple of seconds up to a minute some times.

2021-11-25_16-09-51.png

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So this is a thing that still happens to me daily, and randomly.
The net dies from the international side, as you can see by the packet loss.

Tends to last a couple of seconds up to a minute some times.

View attachment 1201134
Hi, sorry for the delay. Have you logged it? Do you have the ref for me?

gloryboy

Does anyone know what can cause a sudden increase in latency on a line? Used to be between 2-3ms, never higher than 5, while it is now between 7-15.

This is on frogfoot with Cool Ideas. It is not a massive spike, but some of the work I do is latency sensitive an the lower I can get it the better. Tests was done on my router and directly to the ont with different computers. Same results.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Does anyone know what can cause a sudden increase in latency on a line? Used to be between 2-3ms, never higher than 5, while it is now between 7-15.

This is on frogfoot with Cool Ideas. It is not a massive spike, but some of the work I do is latency sensitive an the lower I can get it the better. Tests was done on my router and directly to the ont with different computers. Same results.
What does a trace route look like? I have seen packet loss increase latency