Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

m0theo

Was out for about 20 minutes here near Parow as well.

My friend in the next street on Home Connect (also using Octotel) had no outage.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Pinelands Cape Town

Frogfoot 100/100 tremched

Internet dropped at 14h45 - still down

It seems to be FrogFoot doing their thing during the day as usual.
This is the 3rd outage today, even though they only last a minute or two.
I still cant fathom how they blatantly do maintenance during working hours without warning.

I'm not sure if anyone used Microsoft Teams and FrogFoot fiber as I seem to always have lags every few minutes where incoming and outgoing traffic just dies for 6 seconds or so.
I'm on FrogFoot 500/500 and have not been that impressed.

grantduke

****!ing Vroetfoot

3 home connections (employees) and a FTTB line all dead in the water

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Good day. Kindly note that we are experiencing issues in Cape Town presently. Our engineers are attending and feedback will be provided once resolved.

Thank you

Nuro

Expert Member
Taking a chance here - Anyone know where I can get a 5M LC-LC fibre cable on a Saturday in Johannesburg? I have a new area set aside for our home server and network equipment so would like to move my CPE. I don't want to move the existing cable, in case I screw it up and have to revert. I can order online but was hoping to get it done tomorrow.

Nve_1111

I have been stuck without internet access for the last 4days now…vuma apparently will send a technician but I am yet to even get a call from them.

I work from home and going mad at this point
20211201-827415 is my ticket number with cool ideas

furpile

Expert Member
I have been stuck without internet access for the last 4days now…vuma apparently will send a technician but I am yet to even get a call from them.

I work from home and going mad at this point
20211201-827415 is my ticket number with cool ideas
I waited 6 days for Vodacom to send a technician out, and they arrived without any warning or arrangement. Luckily I was home at the time. The FNO's really don't care about home users.

James946

vuma having issues in Port Elizabeth on CI? Getting 6mbps down with hella unstable ping

chewiesw

Expert Member
strange one my IP changed a couple of days back after being 'static' for literally years. I now can't access my router. I would usually access it via 10.0.0.1 which I can ping. I also have the router exposed to the internet (random port) and I can't access it via that either.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
strange one my IP changed a couple of days back after being 'static' for literally years. I now can't access my router. I would usually access it via 10.0.0.1 which I can ping. I also have the router exposed to the internet (random port) and I can't access it via that either.
Which router is it?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I changed the range to 10.0.0.x and I have always been able to access the router via 10.0.0.1. Now I can't.
Factory reset is something to try but you would need to set it up again obviously. You're not port forwarding port 80 or 443?