Soprono

Expert Member
Any rep online I can DM about a ticket please? COOL-20211018-793811

Edit: Alex assisted, thank you!

Last edited:

Galactica

Expert Member
Hi, have you logged this with support?
Yes I did, a few calls. My experience of Cool Ideas has been that I log a ticket and nobody does anything during the issue, much later when there's no longer a problem I'll get a call or an email saying "your service should be restored now, please confirm." It's only a couple of days ago when I complained about this to a Technician who was giving me the generic "it could be X or Y or Z" that I was told to send trace results and a call has apparently been logged with Frogfoot.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yes I did, a few calls. My experience of Cool Ideas has been that I log a ticket and nobody does anything during the issue, much later when there's no longer a problem I'll get a call or an email saying "your service should be restored now, please confirm." It's only a couple of days ago when I complained about this to a Technician who was giving me the generic "it could be X or Y or Z" that I was told to send trace results and a call has apparently been logged with Frogfoot.
Can you give me the ref?

Typically its waiting on the FNO to investigate what the issue is. And typically this is also advised in the ticket?

And the tests are to clarify where the issue lies, with the FNO in this case.

Galactica

Expert Member
Can you give me the ref?

Typically its waiting on the FNO to investigate what the issue is. And typically this is also advised in the ticket?

And the tests are to clarify where the issue lies, with the FNO in this case.
I agree with regards to FNO calls and I understand waiting for its feedback, I'm just saying generally when I have had problems in the past there's no attendance/investigation to the problem. They come back after the problem is solved.

This as far as I recall is the first time since joining last year that I have had a call logged with the FNO, also the first time I have had Trace results requested of me or any sort of troubleshooting and only because I demanded more of the Technician.

#COOL-20220125-861373

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I agree with regards to FNO calls and I understand waiting for its feedback, I'm just saying generally when I have had problems in the past there's no attendance/investigation to the problem. They come back after the problem is solved.

This as far as I recall is the first time since joining last year that I have had a call logged with the FNO, also the first time I have had Trace results requested of me or any sort of troubleshooting and only because I demanded more of the Technician.

#COOL-20220125-861373
I don't quite follow?

Are you saying that previous tickets you've logged you haven't had responses?

Galactica

Expert Member
I don't quite follow?

Are you saying that previous tickets you've logged you haven't had responses?
They have had responses, AFTER the service is restored. I prefer to be helped DURING the outage.

This is the typical response I have a problem with:

Screenshot_20220129-131725_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Galactica

Expert Member
Is it when there is an area outage or just a line down?
Both scenarios, as I have said to you nobody has ever done any troubleshooting with me till the latest ticket where Trace results were requested. There's never been "it's an area outage" (during or after) or "your line is down due to 1,2,3 let's fix it".

Why are my tickets only responded to much later when the problem (whatever it was) has resolved itself?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Both scenarios, as I have said to you nobody has ever done any troubleshooting with me till the latest ticket where Trace results were requested. There's never been "it's an area outage" (during or after) or "your line is down due to 1,2,3 let's fix it".

Why are my tickets only responded to much later when the problem (whatever it was) has resolved itself?
Can you give me the example ticket numbers?

Typically with an area outage the response is "area related outage with the ref to the anncoument" then a follow up once the area is resolved to be back up.

Then in a line down its logged with FNO and a follow up once confirmation is received from the FNO.

Beyond that in the above scenarios there isn't much troubleshooting required.

In a packetloss situation obviously it requires some narrowing down.

furpile

Expert Member
Heard now from a friend it is the link supplying our street that is down. So the whole street is affected.
And in typical Vodacom fashion they will only send a technician out on Wednesday to find the fault.

Galactica

Expert Member
Can you give me the example ticket numbers?

Typically with an area outage the response is "area related outage with the ref to the anncoument" then a follow up once the area is resolved to be back up.

Then in a line down its logged with FNO and a follow up once confirmation is received from the FNO.

Beyond that in the above scenarios there isn't much troubleshooting required.

In a packetloss situation obviously it requires some narrowing down.

#COOL-20220123-859822

COOL-20211118-816836

#COOL-20211210-835084

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

#COOL-20220123-859822

COOL-20211118-816836

#COOL-20211210-835084

Please confirm for me:

From what I see these tickets are for very brief line downs, that's why by the time the techs investigate the line is back up?

It looks like this line drops often so will escalate accordingly.

Update it looks like support advised this on the 27th that the ongoing issues were logged with FF?

Last edited:

Galactica

Expert Member
Please confirm for me:

From what I see these tickets are for very brief line downs, that's why by the time the techs investigate the line is back up?

It looks like this line drops often so will escalate accordingly.

Update it looks like support advised this on the 27th that the ongoing issues were logged with FF?
Yes, for my latest ticket I was advised that a ticket has been logged with FF, that's why I said in the beginning it's the first time Helpdesk makes reference to the FNO. The latest update is that FF attended to the ticket two days ago, only getting this feedback today because I requested an update last night.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yes, for my latest ticket I was advised that a ticket has been logged with FF, that's why I said in the beginning it's the first time Helpdesk makes reference to the FNO. The latest update is that FF attended to the ticket two days ago, only getting this feedback today because I requested an update last night.
Yes so as explained temporary outages happen and are often unplanned restarts etc, hence why when logging and the line restored in a short period of time that is the feedback support will provide.

If its a continuous thing then we log a ticket about an ongoing issue, this was done on the 27th and communicated accordingly.

The line has been stable for a couple of days and so expecting feedback from the FNO right now isn't realistic. For ongoing related issues it can take a bit longer for permanent resolve as it involves a much longer investigation.

But will keep an eye on it.