Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
FF Trenched; 100/100; Pinelands, Cape Town

Internet dropped completely this morning between 08h35 and 08h55

Restarted the ONT eventually and it came alive again.

Soprono

Expert Member
Morning @PBCool,

Iv been waiting for sometime now on some progress to my ticket please? I was given as test account to help resolve this issue which worked perfectly fine however the account was on 500/250 it seems. Iv moved back to my mail account but just waiting for some outcomes and updates please:

#COOL-20220215-876905​

Synonym

Hi,

I have not had internet access since 7am and can not work! ticket

#COOL-20220223-881045​

Please can I have an update, thanks!

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi,

I have not had internet access since 7am and can not work! ticket

#COOL-20220223-881045​

Please can I have an update, thanks!
Checking, advice though if your work relies on connectivity is have a backup.

Edit: I see support responded this am advising the line is down and has been logged with Openserve. The average response time from Openserve is 27hrs for line repair.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi,

Thanks, I am tethering my phone at my cost and the amount is racking up
Unfortunately these things happen and these are best effort services. Openserve one of the better FNOs for line downs.

Last edited:

talesoflumin

Yo dudes!

For the last two nights now we've had some really bad latency, spikes, and speeds, here in Knysna on our 100/50 OpenServe connection. (Local and international) This is following about 2 weeks of random disconnects every day as well. I've been speaking to Cool Ideas support for a while now to no avail, really not getting anywhere. The latency is a new issue so I thought I would bring it here as well as submit it to them via my already way too large ticket. For the disconnects our internet light on the fibre box is going off but the PoN light is staying on. The latency issue kind of came out of nowhere as we really didn't have problems with latency or speeds before. I've tested dialing up straight from the Nokia fibre box but the issues still persist while doing that.

I've attached a pingplotter test to your local Twitch relay as an example. There is obviously no other traffic on the connection while doing the tests.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help!
Screenshot 2022-02-23 190346 - Copy.png

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yo dudes!

For the last two nights now we've had some really bad latency, spikes, and speeds, here in Knysna on our 100/50 OpenServe connection. (Local and international) This is following about 2 weeks of random disconnects every day as well. I've been speaking to Cool Ideas support for a while now to no avail, really not getting anywhere. The latency is a new issue so I thought I would bring it here as well as submit it to them via my already way too large ticket. For the disconnects our internet light on the fibre box is going off but the PoN light is staying on. The latency issue kind of came out of nowhere as we really didn't have problems with latency or speeds before. I've tested dialing up straight from the Nokia fibre box but the issues still persist while doing that.

I've attached a pingplotter test to your local Twitch relay as an example. There is obviously no other traffic on the connection while doing the tests.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help!
View attachment 1253446

Hi, will you quote your support ref for me?