Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Have you spoken to support as yet? It's a platform migration, unfortunately the payment gateways are now dictated by Vumatel.
Yes,
They are going to try and purchase on our behalf but I can imagine many others will have the same issue when their vouchers expire.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Yes,
They are going to try and purchase on our behalf but I can imagine many others will have the same issue when their vouchers expire.
Yeap it's an unfortunate thing that our hands are tied in this case, 2 payment gateways are offered with Reach. When it was the Mitchells platform we could dictate which payment gateways were on offer.

matdehaast

Their install time is typically within 7 days, so I wouldnt worry just yet.
Hey @PBCool .

Heading into Day 8. I am away from later next week and ideally want to try get it sorted before I am away.

Any chance you can try get someone from your team get an update from Openserve?

Matt

#COOL-20210224-621112​

SpaceCowboy-D

Hey @PBCool .

Heading into Day 8. I am away from later next week and ideally want to try get it sorted before I am away.

Any chance you can try get someone from your team get an update from Openserve?

Matt

#COOL-20210224-621112​

We will get the relevant department to look into this for you shortly.

MainMeat

Dear @PBCool - please confirm my logic (or dare I ask):

1. I join CISP as my service provider, and pay you a pro-rata rate when I join, and after that pay you monthly.
2. Whilst the service from you as the ISP works, we are both happy; You take my money and I get a service, and we agree to that
3. When I upgrade my service, again I pay you after which my service is upgraded - we both remain happy for you to take my money and for me to receive your service.
4. My service is interrupted and you cannot fix it, but have to refer this to the network provider (Openserve in my current case).
5. You also inform me that Openserve may fix this with in 24 - 72 working hours - on an 8 hour working day, that is a worst case of 9 days of no service whilst I patiently have to wait.
6. In the meantime, I have paid you for a service, but now have to pay someone else (GSM provider) astronomical amounts to have internet access. However, the GSM provider and me are on even ground, because I have to accept their pricing and I pay them and in return they provide me with a service.
7. So I am now paying double amounts, but whilst I am paying you for a service, I do not receive the service.

So - are you going to compensate me for the lost service so I can use the compensation towards the GSM provider costs whilst I wait for your service to be restored? I mean think about it, if Eskom suffers a power failure, my bill also stops at that point and continues once the power is restored? In the meantime, whilst I am not paying Eskom, I can purchase petrol for a generator and have a temporary solution in place.

So the issue is not with CISP - you tried but could not fix it and had to pass the problem on to Openserve, but you manage the Fibre line on my behalf and I rely on (and pay) you. If ISPs follow the "no service = no payment" option with Openserve, you may find responses to faults on the OpenServe infrastructure to be resolved a little faster that having to wait 9 days (at worst).

Just a thought - in the meantime the customer continues to suffer and pay double rates for a no-working service and alternative temporary solution - sounds about right?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Dear @PBCool - please confirm my logic (or dare I ask):

1. I join CISP as my service provider, and pay you a pro-rata rate when I join, and after that pay you monthly.
2. Whilst the service from you as the ISP works, we are both happy; You take my money and I get a service, and we agree to that
3. When I upgrade my service, again I pay you after which my service is upgraded - we both remain happy for you to take my money and for me to receive your service.
4. My service is interrupted and you cannot fix it, but have to refer this to the network provider (Openserve in my current case).
5. You also inform me that Openserve may fix this with in 24 - 72 working hours - on an 8 hour working day, that is a worst case of 9 days of no service whilst I patiently have to wait.
6. In the meantime, I have paid you for a service, but now have to pay someone else (GSM provider) astronomical amounts to have internet access. However, the GSM provider and me are on even ground, because I have to accept their pricing and I pay them and in return they provide me with a service.
7. So I am now paying double amounts, but whilst I am paying you for a service, I do not receive the service.

So - are you going to compensate me for the lost service so I can use the compensation towards the GSM provider costs whilst I wait for your service to be restored? I mean think about it, if Eskom suffers a power failure, my bill also stops at that point and continues once the power is restored? In the meantime, whilst I am not paying Eskom, I can purchase petrol for a generator and have a temporary solution in place.

So the issue is not with CISP - you tried but could not fix it and had to pass the problem on to Openserve, but you manage the Fibre line on my behalf and I rely on (and pay) you. If ISPs follow the "no service = no payment" option with Openserve, you may find responses to faults on the OpenServe infrastructure to be resolved a little faster that having to wait 9 days (at worst).

Just a thought - in the meantime the customer continues to suffer and pay double rates for a no-working service and alternative temporary solution - sounds about right?

Sorry to hear of your frustration, how long as it been down for? When was it logged?

MainMeat

Sorry to hear of your frustration, how long as it been down for? When was it logged?
Failed at 20h00 last night, logged around 9pm with CISP. CISP confirmed the issue at 9am this morning and opened a ticket with OpenServe.
I understand expecting resolution within 24 hours is pushing boundaries (would have been great though), but it is the logic in my previous post I am trying to confirm...

(BTW: CISP support did call a few minutes ago - not sure if a post here triggered that call. Thanks for the call anyway)

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Failed at 20h00 last night, logged around 9pm with CISP. CISP confirmed the issue at 9am this morning and opened a ticket with OpenServe.
I understand expecting resolution within 24 hours is pushing boundaries (would have been great though), but it is the logic in my previous post I am trying to confirm...

(BTW: CISP support did call a few minutes ago - not sure if a post here triggered that call. Thanks for the call anyway)
The follow up calls are a standard thing :)

The subscribed service is a best effort one which is why they are the price they are. And is why there are business grade services with SLAs etc.

Unfortunately if data isn't consumed it doesn't mean we don't pay for transit or stop paying staff etc.

The agreement from any FNO is on an open access principle meaning everyone agrees to the same terms. It's either agree to them or not take a service.

I would advise if you require critical services to either get a backup or something with a business critical SLA.

MainMeat

Thanks - SLA, staff salaries and so forth understood - will let the bee in my bonnet go for the moment. Just feel sometimes the customer (normal, who cannot afford Business type SLA's) don't have all costs past onto them.

My service restored within 7 hours of logging with OpenServe - well done!

Quintus26

My speed has been upgraded by Openserve. Overjoyed. The weird part is that my SmartDNSproxy doesn't seem to be functioning since the speed upgrade. Any ideas as to why that could be?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
My speed has been upgraded by Openserve. Overjoyed. The weird part is that my SmartDNSproxy doesn't seem to be functioning since the speed upgrade. Any ideas as to why that could be?
IP update maybe?

Quintus26

IP update maybe?
Yeah thanks it came around. I was unable to run the site to do the IP update - was a bit confused. First removed the proxy on the router level, rebooted and then activated it again. So all is well. Happy to have more than doubled speeds. Keep doing the good work Cool Ideas!

MooseZA

So I got my PPPOE details earlier, invoice paid excited for fibre.

Proceeded to set up details in my router and the connection status says disconnected. After some googling I proceed to connect directly to the ONT and set up the connection like that. On connection I get error 651.

Is there a waiting period after getting the PPPOE details or does this mean something else is wrong?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So I got my PPPOE details earlier, invoice paid excited for fibre.

Proceeded to set up details in my router and the connection status says disconnected. After some googling I proceed to connect directly to the ONT and set up the connection like that. On connection I get error 651.

Is there a waiting period after getting the PPPOE details or does this mean something else is wrong?
Something else is wrong, who is the FNO?