Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

Benji_

Internet is on again after 24+ hours inactivity. But games are lagging and im only getting 5mbps download speed it even drops to 1mb. Somethings wrong line doesn't seem secure yet.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Internet is on again after 24+ hours inactivity. But games are lagging and im only getting 5mbps download speed it even drops to 1mb. Somethings wrong line doesn't seem secure yet.
Could just be the initial demand, please let me know if it's ongoing

midasza

Any one else having issues on OpenServe this morning. Woke up to no internet, PPPOE sessions activate and then terminate immediately. PON light green on the CPE and PPPOE scan shows rndf-ip-bng-1 as being off my WAN port.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Any one else having issues on OpenServe this morning. Woke up to no internet, PPPOE sessions activate and then terminate immediately. PON light green on the CPE and PPPOE scan shows rndf-ip-bng-1 as being off my WAN port.
If nothing on announcements please log as normal for me.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep

Overblaze

Monitoring that valorant IP from Joburg over the course of the weekend shows practically zero packet loss.

Jacques is going to contact you to get a static IP deployed, and open up ping on your router so we can monitor your line for a bit.
@TheRoDent Hi there, would it be possible to get a static IP as well. I have the same issue @gool has. Thanks

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Monitoring that valorant IP from Joburg over the course of the weekend shows practically zero packet loss.

Jacques is going to contact you to get a static IP deployed, and open up ping on your router so we can monitor your line for a bit.
I tested this from my side as well and was getting bad spikes as well and my line is clean all my other games are running fine (don't have any other AWS server games that i know of).

I have a static IP as well (Vuma trenched CT so practically static)

Last edited:

chrisGolf

We haven't had any failures, it's either a line issue or a Vumatel outage. I will see where the team is up to with the ticket.
Hi @PBCool, with regards to ticket #COOL-20220510-930871;
this was the last response from your technical team;
As discussed, when we spoke to Vumatel yesterday they confirmed they was an outage affecting you.
The issue was later resolved in the afternoon yesterday.

And the connection has been stable since(since last week Thursday)

However a few minutes ago, PPPOE connection disconnected and reconnected twice.
Please check, or log a ticket with Vumatel to investigate. The ticket is a week old and still not resolved.
thanks.

gool

Great thanks!:thumbsup: Gumani got the static IP going (he's been great so far, lots of contact and follow ups). Was some umming and ahing about the ICMP stuff but all seems alright? You're welcome to Anydesk in as well if need be.

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Great thanks!:thumbsup: Gumani got the static IP going (he's been great so far, lots of contact and follow ups). Was some umming and ahing about the ICMP stuff but all seems alright? You're welcome to Anydesk in as well if need be.
Yeah we need the ICMP to trend your line. Got the details from Jacques will add it to our system.

Umzimbeet

I've raised a ticket #COOL-20220516-934036. Internet is dead. The LOS light on the ONT is flashing red.
I'm in Midrand on openserve, is there an issue?

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Should I create a ticket?
Let's diagnose with @gool first. A static IP wont change anything on your side unless there's an FNO issue that we're trying to debug.

At this point, it simply seems like riotgames have issues occasionally that we cannot control

Overblaze

Ok cool. I'll keep up to date with the thread.

I've essentially had this packet loss from Valorant launch.

Mine could be an unrelated Octotel issue, but let's see what @gool 's investigation uncovers.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Ok cool. I'll keep up to date with the thread.

I've essentially had this packet loss from Valorant launch.

Mine could be an unrelated Octotel issue, but let's see what @gool 's investigation uncovers.
Well I've never had the issue until now and my lines performing as it should

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
Well I've never had the issue until now and my lines performing as it should
The common thread here is that it's not our lines, access network, or transit to the UK. But Valorant itself, possibly due to how we connect to them in the UK. (Which is why other ISP's may not exhibit the same problem).

I'm now monitoring several of their servers, to establish some trends. If we can bypass a bad peeringing relationship with them we will, but it's not simple. They have servers on AWS, and also some of their own, all of which take different paths.

Again, as I always encourage gamers, insist that they at least deploy some local servers. We now have AWS, and Azure, so their excuses are running out.

I refuse to even install Valorant (being a keen FPS gamer myself). I refuse to accept 140ms pings.

Thou shalt not have my money.

Last edited:

CrypticZA

Expert Member
The common thread here is that it's not our lines, access network, or transit to the UK. But Valorant itself, possibly due to how we connect to them in the UK. (Which is why other ISP's may not exhibit the same problem).

I'm now monitoring several of their servers, to establish some trends. If we can bypass a bad peeringing relationship with them we will, but it's not simple. They have servers on AWS, and also some of their own, all of which take different paths.

Again, as I always encourage gamers, insist that they at least deploy some local servers. We now have AWS, and Azure, so their excuses are running out.

I refuse to even install Valorant (being a keen FPS gamer myself). I refuse to accept 140ms pings.

Thou shalt not have my money.
I wouldn't recommend it, it's anti cheat is the most annoying programme ever that has to run whenever the pc is on and if you close it you need to restart the pc to get it to run again....

I'm not the biggest fan of the game but more concerned it causing issues in other games.

I'll try do some testing with Apex which has a AWS region as well but sadly Eskom has my loadshedding schedule on 8pm to 10pm for the next like 4 days.

When I last got to play I chose New York since its an independent provider and guarantees a good experience... unlike Google....