Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

StoneCold

Expert Member
Please may I have a link to the latest Cool Ideas FTTH Pricing?

There really isn't a page per se that has all the pricing. Your best bet would be to enter your address on the main website and then see which fibre options are available in your neighborhood and then pick one. Based upon what you picked, you will then see the pricing.

Visit https://coolideas.co.za/

:)

dillydog

There was a URL to get it I used to have it...I often recommend customers and like to know what the prices are so it would be usefull...

StoneCold

Expert Member
Just a quick shoutout to CISP:

Early on Tuesday morning I received a phone call from CISP support. I spoke with them in April and mentioned that I'll be relocating to a new premises on 21 May and want my new connection to go active on 25 May (as the existing connection would be terminated on 25 May). They helped me via phone with the application as I was already an existing customer and I had to specify it at a certain portion as part of the signup.

I applied for a new fibre install via Openserve on Tuesday, got a call yesterday to book the installation for 12:00. Technician arrived as per requested time. Installation was done, line sync'd at the correct speed. This morning I received my new PPPoE details from CISP support too, working like a charm!

13201635975.png

With such excellent service, I'll keep on supporting CISP for many more years to come. Well done CISP!

:D

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Internet just died- 10h08; limped up at 10h11 but unusable.

Pinelands, Cape Town
Frogfoot 100/100 trenched.

Anyone else?

Maurice Kitching

Internet just died- 10h08; limped up at 10h11 but unusable.

Pinelands, Cape Town
Frogfoot 100/100 trenched.

Anyone else?
Been off since yesterday morning early. No response from CI. Got a mail that they will phone me, but no response as to what the issue is. Bad for them as I have no problem changing all my offices to a different SP.

grantduke

Been off since yesterday morning early. No response from CI. Got a mail that they will phone me, but no response as to what the issue is. Bad for them as I have no problem changing all my offices to a different SP.
Which ISP would you go with? Also getting up to a year with CISP, and might reevaluate options

CoolChick

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
Hi Maurice. Please DM me your details so that I can investigate for you

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
There is an issue with our NNI to Frogfoot in JHB it has been escalated to them to investigate, apologies.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Which ISP would you go with? Also getting up to a year with CISP, and might reevaluate options
How come? What can I assist with?

If FF is the common factor then looking to replace them would be better. They have constant national related issues, the problem is alternatives are typically more expensive. IE DFA direct.

Maurice Kitching

Not sure. I haven't looked at it yet. Originally went with CISP after doing some research, checking reviews and in large part checking this forum. They've been okay, but I don't like that they don't respond.

Maurice Kitching

Not sure. I haven't looked at it yet. Originally went with CISP after doing some research, checking reviews and in large part checking this forum. They've been okay, but I don't like that they don't respond.
Okay, just had a call from them. Seems we are part of larger outages. Problem is my wife works from home and is heavily reliant on internet. There is a Vodacom backup, but this is unreliable due to bad coverage and speed is low. Two days now.

chrisGolf

@PBCool hi, ticket logged on 10th May (COOL-20220510-930871) - still not resolved. Link down again.
Entire complex. Please don't ask me to run another MTR.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool hi, ticket logged on 10th May (COOL-20220510-930871) - still not resolved. Link down again.
Entire complex. Please don't ask me to run another MTR.
Thanks this seems to be different issues, they replaced the router for one fault and now its related to an FNO outage I believe?