Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

linkinpark

Expert Member
I seem to be the only person with internet issues today… Nobody else experiencing intermittent downtime, where some services are up or down at any given moment, and where most content nodes are inaccessible?

I'm getting sporadic loss of connectivity (Vuma trenched Durban), it only happened about 5 times so far for a few minutes each time. Will get an MTR the next time it happens.

DYreX146

I'm getting sporadic loss of connectivity (Vuma trenched Durban), it only happened about 5 times so far for a few minutes each time. Will get an MTR the next time it happens.
Also had a few dips earlier, MTR suggested KZN paths again. (Openserve, KZN)

Phinix

Expert Member
@PBCool I've noticed that I get the same IP every time I re-auth.
Is this something you have set for testing purposes?

Greglsh

@PBCool
Also getting multiple disconnects Vumatel trenched Durban. Have had about 5 drops for a few seconds, enough to get kicked from gaming.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Seeing some loss on the one route to KZN, will switch if it continues.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Pinelands Cape Town
100/100
FF Trenched

Severely degraded - unusable since 22h55

Edit: 23h00 - back to normal?

Phinix

Expert Member
No IP allocation is natively sticky, so not something we are doing on purpose.
Weird, it's been the same one over more than 5 resets.

But at least like clock work, the packet loss kicked in from 10 pm, so I have the data to send in for the ticket.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Sitting on a laptop on wifi on the far side of the house to the Openserve 100mbs link:
wifi.jpg
Latency is always at around 5mbs on Openserve in Joburg:
latency.jpg
The peaks are gaming updates. Need to figure out how to mark them as bulk. Most complaints about slow response is from the guy whose PC is doing the update.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Sitting on a laptop on wifi on the far side of the house to the Openserve 100mbs link:
View attachment 1042723
Latency is always at around 5mbs on Openserve in Joburg:
View attachment 1042721
The peaks are gaming updates. Need to figure out how to mark them as bulk. Most complaints about slow response is from the guy whose PC is doing the update.
I'm never around when the updates happen so haven't captured it on wireshark yet. If someone has a wireshark of normal blizzard and the during updates please pm the files.

Rhino

@PBCool Openserve trenched Durban, same, multiple drops for 5 seconds throughout the last two days.
I am having the same issue for the last few days. 5 / 10 seconds at a time. Was going to log a ticket on Monday if it continues, but seems to be getting more frequent.

Rhino

I am having the same issue for the last few days. 5 / 10 seconds at a time. Was going to log a ticket on Monday if it continues, but seems to be getting more frequent.
Oh, in Essenwood, Durban - Openserve trenched.

mr_norris

Expert Member
I'm in Hillcrest, KZN, at a friends house. Openserve line I think. Getting the drops every few minutes. I see the wan stats in the router is reporting 16 hours uptime so I don't think the disconnecting is an issue with this hardware