Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

Rhino

Please all PM me your IPs in KZN, it doesn't look like a long haul NLD issue. If you can enable ICMP for me as well.

Update we have found something arb on the one path, we will flip traffic to the other clean path and it's been logged with the carrier.
Sent, Thank you.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
KZN now on the alternative path, please monitor and let me know. Apologies for the delay it was quite an arbitrary issue with the backhaul.

Last edited:

Rhino

Just had another drop on the VPN. It's Private Access via Zscaller - but will give it a bit longer and see.

bHOLDher

No notices as yet from Vumatel
It is very weird, I have zero packet loss on the first hop, the first hop ip changed from 154.0.0.110 to 154.0.0.112, I seem to be able to access the cool ideas network, but after 4 hops it seems to go dead.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
It is very weird, I have zero packet loss on the first hop, the first hop ip changed from 154.0.0.110 to 154.0.0.112, I seem to be able to access the cool ideas network, but after 4 hops it seems to go dead.
Can you post a trace?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
It's Cool Ideas. My neighbours on CISP are down, neighbours on other ISPs are fine.
I dont believe so, if there was an issue at that segment it would affect multiple networks and it's only Vumatel in the West, network is as it should be from our side at this time. So probably Vumatel related.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Was this a temp thing, we didnt see anything from our end?
There seemed to have been a DNS issue somewhere, my default on router was Cloudflare and everything basically died, tried to connect to warp which also uses 1.1.1.1 that failed, then i switched to quad 9 and everything worked, when i traced to 1.1.1.1 final hop had 100% loss. When i tried CISP DNS had the same issues as Cloudflare

lasted around 15 odd minutes was able to connect to warp after that and was able to mtr successful to 1.1.1.1

Jason-ZA

There seemed to have been a DNS issue somewhere, my default on router was Cloudflare and everything basically died, tried to connect to warp which also uses 1.1.1.1 that failed, then i switched to quad 9 and everything worked, when i traced to 1.1.1.1 final hop had 100% loss. When i tried CISP DNS had the same issues as Cloudflare

lasted around 15 odd minutes was able to connect to warp after that and was able to mtr successful to 1.1.1.1

Yep, i think there was just a temporary cloudflare issue for a few mins earlier, and since CISPs DNS servers are currently slaving from cloudflare, it explains why CISPs DNS wasn't able to resolve queries during that time as well.

Smokeping to 1.1.1.1 at the time:
1616863343591.png