Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Apparently Octotel is down because of a cable break on the R27... Cable thieves broke the cable when trying to steal electrical cable :confused: not sure how true this is but have heard from multiple sources

leppie

Apparently Octotel is down because of a cable break on the R27... Cable thieves broke the cable when trying to steal electrical cable :confused: not sure how true this is but have heard from multiple sources
Eish, are they trying to steal during the daytime?

linkinpark

Expert Member
I'm getting sporadic loss of connectivity (Vuma trenched Durban), it only happened about 5 times so far for a few minutes each time. Will get an MTR the next time it happens.

Getting the same connectivity loss again. Happened about 3 or 4 times so far tonight.

Applebag

Started having issues on Wednesday, complete loss of connection at this stage. Sure the issue is with the FNO (Vodacom). Would be great if someone can escalate as a weekend without internet is going to be terrible.

COOL-20210408-658967 is my latest ticket.

CoolChick

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
Started having issues on Wednesday, complete loss of connection at this stage. Sure the issue is with the FNO (Vodacom). Would be great if someone can escalate as a weekend without internet is going to be terrible.

COOL-20210408-658967 is my latest ticket.

Hi @Applebag I am checking this for you.

S.Claus

Expert Member
Well let's see what we can do with it, as I mentioned it's possible we get a response that they wont change anything as they load balance via the two paths via MPLS, but worth a try.
Any feedback on this ?Currently getting 15ms to the Cool Ideas Randburg server.

jannier

Expert Member
Last edited:

DuckKnuckle

Expert Member
@PBCool @TheRoDent

I am having a bizarre upload speed issue on international only. Is like I am capped at 5Mbps
Vuma trenched, Brackenfell, CPT 1000/100

Local,
https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/16829266
View attachment 1049927

Coreix London,

Spitfire London

Looks to be just you. Fine on my side here in Brackenfell

Coreix:

11240925281.png

Spitfire:

11240936415.png

jannier

Expert Member
And I ran my tests on FIrefox
But is crazy how it only affects International upload speed and not Local on Edge.
Do they have some setting in Edge that limits international upload speed? I'ma baffled :unsure::confused:
I cannot find any speed control setting in Edge, or am I blind?

DeatheCore

But is crazy how it only affects International upload speed and not Local on Edge.
Do they have some setting in Edge that limits international upload speed? I'ma baffled :unsure::confused:
I cannot find any speed control setting in Edge, or am I blind?
Looks to me like some sort of tcp window scaling issue