Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

DuckieZA

With the number of outages this Vumatel/SADV link has i am starting to wonder if openserv is a better option. esp for us who work from home
Might be, if Openserve was an option ... which it isn't in our complex. SADV is the only option.

linkinpark

Expert Member
Hey guys, moving to a new place in a couple of months, currently has a Vumatel (trenched) line active there which will be deactivated by the time i move in, but Openserve is available on the road. Do you guys think i should rather place an order for a new Openserve installation or just use the already installed Vumatel?
Do you guys get more issues logged on Vuma trenched or Openserve? How is the network quality? Apart from the lower price would Openserve be the better option?
Thanks a million.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hey guys, moving to a new place in a couple of months, currently has a Vumatel (trenched) line active there which will be deactivated by the time i move in, but Openserve is available on the road. Do you guys think i should rather place an order for a new Openserve installation or just use the already installed Vumatel?
Do you guys get more issues logged on Vuma trenched or Openserve? How is the network quality? Apart from the lower price would Openserve be the better option?
Thanks a million.
Openserve is cheaper at this point, and is probably easier to provision.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Apologies for delays in response this weekend I'm away on leave.

Jaseyyxx

Thanks a million.
The only time I'll recommend vuma now is if you want 1gbps, and that's only on their trenched network. I don't trust GPON for 1gbps

Furbz

Stone dead in Kyalami

MFN

#COOL-20210417-665102

Last edited:

chrisGolf

my router log showing;

"... peer authorized"
"Could not determine local IP address"

then terminates